LRC Assembly and Painting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

LRC Assembly and Painting

When you assemble your LRC, do you glue the hatch shut or do you leave it open? I would prefer to just glue it shut if I don't need to open it at all.

So I have a question for people here; since the LRC has a hatch that opens inside, I was wondering if people painted the inside of it and how they went about doing so? I can see just priming the model on the sprue and painting the inside parts before assembling as being perhaps the easiest option, but maybe you don't paint the inside at all and just open it.

Second question: I play tau, so I'm not too used to independent characters and transports. Let's say I have a Grand Master with no Retinue and I want him to join a group of Elite Terminators. No problem there, but what if that group of Terminators is starting deployed inside a Land Raider Crusader? Is he still able to do that or does he have to be deployed in a group outside of a transport? My instincts tell me that he is able to deploy with the Terminators inside the LRC.

Thanks for helping a DH noob out.

-Spaar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Well, I just went ahead and primed the model and painted the insides before assembly. Painting it after assembly would probably be enough to make me lose whatever tattered shreds of sanity I have left =). Also, there's a little assembly of linkages that lets the top of the front hatch and the bottom of the front hatch open simultaneously, which is pretty spiffy. So, while you could certainly just glue it shut, the model is designed to be opened, and it looks pretty cool when it does. Your call =).

As far as the GM joining another squad, he follows all rules for IC's, so you may certainly deploy him inside a transport (providing it can transport terminators and has room) if you're joining him to the squad inside. Just remember that they are two seperate choices from the FOC, so if you have any funky reserves rolls going on, you must dice for the GM and the other unit seperately. If they both end up coming onto the table at the same time, you can join them in any legal combination, including what I mentioned above. This also applies to deep-striking, so if you had an Elite squad of Terminators, and a lone Grand-Master, you could choose to hold them in reserve and deep strike them. If you get lucky, and both are arriving the same turn, you could join the GM to the Termies, and deep-strike them all together, making one deep-strike scatter roll.

On a different note, the BC from the elites squad is stats-wise no better than a regular terminator (assuming you don't dump any strange weapons or wargear on him), and he costs more. So there isn't a whole lot to recommend taking a seperate elites-choice Termie squad over a retinue for your BC/GM, besides another spot for a psycannon or TH/DH. Food for thought, anyways =).

Cheers,

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; April 21st, 2007 at 01:39.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Hasten has said it all...

But a point to be made is paint before you put together , I made the mistake for not thinking and just excitedly putting it together.. which means alot of work painting the inside while holding the brush by the very end of its stick :/ Not to much fun D:
    I would leave it open... I have sealed my rhino's as i hate the issue of ruining my paint job with floppy doors, but to me a LR is a centre piece model that should be done as well as you can do, also it has the funky mechanism on the assualt door which is pretty cool to waste...

On the note of the GM and BC.. I play with them both in my 2,5k army purely for fluff and also because i like the GM to be detached and invisible to the enemy.

Senior Member JuliusGaiusCaesar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    also it has the funky mechanism on the assualt door which is pretty cool to waste...
    Speaking of the front door mechanism. Be VERY careful with it. When i was putting together mine, a miniscule amount of glue hat was jsut on my finger bonded the mechanism right when i was jsut picking it up. even the tiniest amount of glue will ruin it for you.
    Et imperator Invocato Diabolus Daemonica Exorcist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

I left my doors lose, so you can open or close them
    I have glued one side piece and the behind piece together and fixed the floor onto it also, and the other side piece loose. This way, you can somewhat get a better feeling of how your paintwork is getting together (only got 2 hands, so can only hold 2 pieces :yes: ).

After the glueing has been completed, I sprimed them, inside and outside. The floor boltgun metal, seats brown, screens green and so forth. I kept the walls itself plain black, but i was thinking of adding some highlights to it so simmulate the light from the "engine", screens, lights and the candles. But I have no idea of this work would look good when it's all glued to gether. Im affraid it would look really fake
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

+ Reply to Thread