Some basic Imperial Guard Questions: - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some basic Imperial Guard Questions:

There are some question of IG that I didnt quite figure it out, please help.

Heavy weapon teams:
    1. If I declear my heavy weapon squard to fire, what did it actually fire? The 3 heavy weapons I purchase only or 3 heavy weapons and 3 more lasguns shots from loader?

2. If I suffer 3 wounds on my heavy weapon squard, how do I allocate them? Can I just kill of all 3 loaders and all my guns remain operational?

Command Squard:

Assume my command squard with a heroic senior officer with powerfist/laspistol, a master vox and Iron Discipline with a total of 120 point

3. If at the end of a game my command squard down to my heroic senior officer with full wounds, how much victory point do this worth? Worth no Victroy points because he is a idenpendent character or half of 120? how to calculate point if he take a wound? how about the Master Vox his retinue carry and lost in the fight?

4. If I add psyker with honifica Imperia with force weapon that down to 1 w that attach to the command squard (62 point)?

Thanks alot for all helps

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

1. 3 Heavy Weapons, and 3 Lasguns.

2. Many players mistakenly assume that they are three models, with two wounds each. This is not the case- they are six models, just on three bases. You can remove the loaders and leave the three heavy weapon troopers.

I don't know about the other two.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

for the first two see the above post for the others you may be best asking in the rules forum.

As far as i remember take the number of wounds the squad has. if you go below half of this then they are worth half points if the whole squad dies then full. its how we always played it but you would be best asking in the rules forum.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x1)

I agree with both of the above responses.

The new heavy weapon's teams seem to cause some confusion amoung anyone getting into IG recently. In second edition, the teams were mdeled seperately and the rules regarding them were clearly written. Then for some unknown reason they put the teams together on one base and failed to properly explain. I even remember in one of the FAQs that came out regarding the heavy teams, the official response actually said something along the lines of - 'we just thought everyone playing Ig played them in second edition and would know what to do so we didnt explain it.'

So yes, basically think of the heavy squad as a unit of 6 models. Three have a heavy weapon and three have lasguns. When hit, you may remove casualties in any way you see fit from amoung those 6 models. Naturally, you will remove the lasgun-armed models first, even if it leaves just 3 heavy-weapon armed models. This was initially explained by saying that the squad members were all equally well trained in firing and loading the weapons, so that no matter who died, the survivors could pick up the heavy weapon and continue to fire it.

I model most of my heavy teams as just two models on seperate bases.

And as for the victory points questions, I have always played just like the Commisar mentioned.

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x2)

Buy magnets and use those to attach the loaders to the bases. Then they just come off when they die.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

+ Reply to Thread