[DA] Piles of guns on bikers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[DA] Piles of guns on bikers?

I've been playing with the new rules for Dark Angels for the last few months. I finally got my bikes together and put them on the field for the first time last week. Dark Eldar don't appreciate the plasma + bike + scout combination for some reason. (oh what? Your witches raider is dead on T1?)

I've always been used to weapons replacing other weapons on vehicles. However, in the new rules there is no longer a "may take a melta which replaces the bolter".

So if the bike squad picks a plasma + melta, do they still have the option to fire with the twin linked bolters?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mau'Dib
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I'm pretty sure you may only fire 1 weapon per turn (there are special exceptions to this rule, but I'm fairly sure bikes aren't one of them.)

You may always choose which weapon to fire (use the TL bolters instead of the melta, for example).

Secondly, just be aware that if you move on a bike hand-held weapons count as moving, so plasma may only double tap (melta is assault to no one cares).
    ~2k of genestealery goodness
    ~1750points of terminator goodness

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

more witty remarks to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

You can only fire 1 weapon yes, however attack bikes may fire 2 (One per rider, pg 53). The plasma/melta arent replacements, just additions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly only one weapon. However, they can rapid fire those pretty botlers and charge too. I like that feature.
    "The only hatred any man should hone, is hatred against himself for not being able to serve the Emperor to his full extent. This is the hatred he should unleash upon the enemy, and in doing so, the Emperor will protect."

Master Lucius, Chapter Master of the Noble Templars

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

here's a funny bike question then.

I have some space wolf blood claws on my bikes. I have 6 of them, 2 power fists and one melta gun. Should I drop the melta? I was figuring, get in close, rapid fire with TL bolters, melta incase they were termies and then assault and crush them with 8 PF attacks and toughness 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

In that situation, the melta would be pretty unnecessary. It'll only kill one guy. I'd only put it on if I intended to use that squad as tank hunters, but if I was doing that I'd take two meltaguns if possible.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melta guns are popular on bikes for a great reason. They can move 24" with toughness _ and a 3+ invulnerable. Get them there quick and safe. You can also if you choose very easily block the exits of transport, pop it open, and every body inside dies. Pop goes the rhino. All in all, it's a very fast and efficient way to deliver a very effective weapon against tanks, and the occassional independent character.
    Last edited by Katie Drake; April 25th, 2007 at 00:13.
    "The only hatred any man should hone, is hatred against himself for not being able to serve the Emperor to his full extent. This is the hatred he should unleash upon the enemy, and in doing so, the Emperor will protect."

Master Lucius, Chapter Master of the Noble Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Umm well since the TL-Bolters are part of the bike they do not count as your one weapon...they always fire at max distance once or can double tap and still charge. Meltaguns are popular on Bikes because they are assault weapons and do not take away from the bikes ability to charge.

+ Reply to Thread