Once again...Skitarii - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again...Skitarii

OK, i've decided (again) to finally start my AdMech project, and IG is the place to go for that!

This is what I'm thinking, A skitarii legion represented by:

-Techpriest Enginseers:for obvious reasons
    -Sharpshooters:targeting systems
    -Chem-inhaler:having had the fear-responsive part of the brain removed...
    -Carapace armour:good armour
    -Cyber-enhancement:AdMech duh...

OK, now, before you say "That is crazy!" I know, they will be very expensive for guardsmen, but they will be really good (and techy), so I say it's good.

Besides, It is so crazy, it just might work!

Now that that is over with, im thinking of having this in a maxed out force orginization chart (not that I will neccesarily fill a full one! but just in case):

-Command Platoon as the magos, w/ sentinal squadron w/ lascannons (sentinals? or praetorians)
    -Hardened vets. as elite tech-guard
    -techpriests (obviously)
    -Kasirkin as skitarii. Bare minimum platoon requirements... Maybe with transports.
    -3 sentinal squadrons w/multilasers (and maybe lascannons)
    -3 leman russ battle tanks

One last question, do you think I should drop some of these doctrines, and add grenadiers and just beef up the 'troopers and call them skitarii?

Please offer some guidance.

Thanks!

-The God of all Machines

Last edited by The_Omnissiah; April 24th, 2007 at 06:10.
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should make them all grenadiers. It is a cheaper and more practical option, and it fits in with your fluff. (targeters, carapace armour, improved leadership for that brain thing. You can even use a techpriest as an officer or sergeant) Hope this helped.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Hmmm, that's not a bad suggestion to help keep it competitive, but even Grenediers have other helpers that they couldn't represent.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Dude! Do it. I am, and I'm loving it! I'm making proper skitarii however, not just using grenadiers (although there are some in my current fledgling force).

And sure, your doctrines will be expensive, but it will be fun to use them - I like your idea of using chem inhalers doctrine to represent some partial lobotomies!

Also, you dont always have to actually use the doctrines anyway, just cos something is modelled that way doesn't mean you have to always use it. Unless it really conflicts with WYSIWYG

My doctrines include:

Techpriest enginseers (dur)
    Cyber enhancements (double dur)
    Priests (not obvious at first, but as if an army like skitarii would only field 2 techpriests max? This way, I can fit a few more in, in very usefull ways).
    Sharpshooters (sometimes, if I feel like it, but it works - many of my models have been given targetters or bionic eyes of some kind)
    Drop troops (sometimes, my skitarii are explorators, so this does fit)
    Iron discipline (regardless of the army, this will always be a good choice! And I can make it fluffy).

I wont be taking carapace armour, as explorator skitarii would be like light infantry versions of techguard, although they will seem like normal to heavy infantry to everyone else.

It works well I think!

So far I have:

30 bionically converted guardsmen (including two officers, and a bunch of servitors acting as troops)
    12 grenadiers
    3 sentinels (1 lascannon, 2 HF)
    1 chimera (2 HF, or 1 HF plus multilaser and heavy stubber)
    totally converted techpriest plus 4 totally converted gun servitors.
    Various individual pieces, such as my standard bearer and my flegdling techpriest with eviscerator, completely converted tech-medic.
    Leman russ.

I've got pics up of some of them in the imperial guard photo section, have a look if you feel like it! They are not done (not finished being painted), but still I like how they are turning out.

http://www.librarium-online.com/show...hp?i=5044&c=36
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

There's gotta be a way to do it without using Cybernetic Enhancements... I mean, 2 pts each for a 6+ save is utter, complete bull$4!7. For the same cost it's better to get more men.

Just use Grenadiers. Aren't the Skitaari supposed to be elite guards of the Adeptus Mechanicus anyway?

Ooh, idea: Use big servitors for heavy weapon teams!
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Priests (not obvious at first, but as if an army like skitarii would only field 2 techpriests max? This way, I can fit a few more in, in very usefull ways).
    Sharpshooters (sometimes, if I feel like it, but it works - many of my models have been given targetters or bionic eyes of some kind)
    Iron discipline (regardless of the army, this will always be a good choice! And I can make it fluffy).
    That's six doctrines. {confused}

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    as you say
    Not without refluffing them,AM worship the omnimessiah, explorators are trying to find stuff for the cult of the machine god, having zealot priests of the god emperor in there is completely counter productive
    Fair enough
    erm no, drop troops is not about planetfall, that would involve something like aquilas not tunners or paratroopers who are lightly armed
    it is fluffy
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

That's six doctrines.

Ha yes it is! I was aware - thats why there were a couple of 'sometimes' in there, so it all works!

Not without refluffing them,AM worship the omnimessiah, explorators are trying to find stuff for the cult of the machine god, having zealot priests of the god emperor in there is completely counter productive
    Yes, they most certainly do worship the omnimessiah or whatever you want to call it, so who is to say my priests dont tell the soldiers to 'protect the archives' or 'lets take the machine spirit out for a walk, behind enemy lines', or even 'those aliens posses an STC, and dont feel like sharing'.

If the priests said the last one and meant it, i'm pretty sure my skitarii would all get at least furious charge for the duration of the battle, and probably fearless while they're at it! :p

So, yeah, my priests do not worship the God Emporer of mankind, but they can still be priests! Kinda like Catholic monks and Bhuddists monks - both are still monks, albiet somewhat different in their approaches and beliefs.

erm no, drop troops is not about planetfall, that would involve something like aquilas not tunners or paratroopers who are lightly armed
    How about gravechutes/parachutes from such vessels? They could have massive craft that enter the atmosphere before disgorging entire regiments of Skitarii.

Or why not teleport directly from the explorator vessels themselves? I'm sure such methods are well within the technological and budgetry boundaries of the Adeptus Mechanicus. I mean, even the grey knights cannot teleport without a bunch of techpriests pushing the big red button. And something tells me the cult mechanicus would keep some of their best toys for themselves!

There's gotta be a way to do it without using Cybernetic Enhancements... I mean, 2 pts each for a 6+ save is utter, complete bull$4!7. For the same cost it's better to get more men.
    Math-wise, its a bad idea. But fun wise? Awesome! The look on your opponents face when your grunt survives a full smash in the mouth from a wraithlords fist? Priceless.

Ooh, idea: Use big servitors for heavy weapon teams!
    Oh yeah. :yes: Way ahead of you (although I use this just as a normal servitor, but hey, it would still work):

http://www.librarium-online.com/show...hp?i=5036&c=36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    Yes, they most certainly do worship the omnimessiah or whatever you want to call it, so who is to say my priests dont tell the soldiers to 'protect the archives' or 'lets take the machine spirit out for a walk, behind enemy lines', or even 'those aliens posses an STC, and dont feel like sharing'.

If the priests said the last one and meant it, i'm pretty sure my skitarii would all get at least furious charge for the duration of the battle, and probably fearless while they're at it! :p

So, yeah, my priests do not worship the God Emporer of mankind, but they can still be priests! Kinda like Catholic monks and Bhuddists monks - both are still monks, albiet somewhat different in their approaches and beliefs.
    But they are not in the same army of religious fanatics!
    as I said, not without re-writing fluff
    How about gravechutes/parachutes from such vessels? They could have massive craft that enter the atmosphere before disgorging entire regiments of Skitarii.
    again you are into the para schene, not realyl compliant with skitarri, far more armour based, requiring a bridgehead
    Or why not teleport directly from the explorator vessels themselves? I'm sure such methods are well within the technological and budgetry boundaries of the Adeptus Mechanicus. I mean, even the grey knights cannot teleport without a bunch of techpriests pushing the big red button. And something tells me the cult mechanicus would keep some of their best toys for themselves!
    Absolutley they would and you may have a case there, but the majority would be using tanks, I would have thought mechanised a far more appropriate doctrine and the use of valkyries far more appropriate for what you are describing
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

301 (x7)

But they are not in the same army of religious fanatics!
    as I said, not without re-writing fluff

The cult mechanicus has a massive priesthood - thats why the techpriests are call just that, techPRIESTS. And there are all manner of ranks and branches of this priesthood, and all kinds of fanatics that make up their numbers. There would be priests of the ommnissiah, urging the populace to store, honour and protect their knowledge and wisdoms of the past.

Then there are the basic tenets of their faith, amongst which is "The alien mechanism is a perversion of the true path.".

I'm pretty sure that could inspire the skitarii to kill a few Tau.

but the majority would be using tanks, I would have thought mechanised a far more appropriate doctrine and the use of valkyries far more appropriate for what you are describing
    Possibly true, however my skitarii are more of a light infantry version, being explorators and not being skitarii 'protect the titan forges' legion.

The valkyries would be good, but then, I cant really afford to buy those things. Especially shipping it all the way from england to australia. Maybe this will change, if the rumours are true about later in the next 12 months when plastic titans and valkyries hit the shelves of GW stores... Would be awesome! (not that i hold much stock in these particular prophetic visions).
    Last edited by Cadaver Junkie; April 24th, 2007 at 16:07. Reason: dear god my spelling and grammar are terrible. I try to clean it up bit by bit, but really, its a lost cause. :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast