Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I read the design guide, along with searches, but didn't find anything really useful. I want a fairly concealable, mobile, stealthy army but still packs a major punch when I want it to. What is a good doctrine set up for that? anyone have some good 1000pt set up skeletons I can go off of?
Concealable, mobile, stealthy, and packs a punch?
Well, let's start off with this:
Are you looking for an infantry-heavy army, a tank-heavy army, or a mix between the two?
Some Doctrines to consider:
- Light Infantry - not necessarily mobile, but the ability to Infiltrate is always nice
- Cameleoline - great for boards with lots of cover
- Mechanized - not the best in the world (IMO) but if you want a mobile army, this is one way to do it
- Close Order Drill - it's free and only adds benefits
- Iron Discipline - great for Officers and keeping your men in line
- Sharpshooters - a nice bonus to your shooting
- Grenadiers/Storm Troopers - a nice way to mix up Mechanized and "stealthy" - have some either infiltrate or deep strike (Stormies) and the others in Chimeras (Grenadiers)
- Veterans - nothing better than Veterans!
I was thinking of an infantry heavy army... here is a list I made up considering what you said.
Storm Trooper Squads
Is that a good Idea? I figure if I infiltrate and get into close combat die hard might be helpful, and ratling squads with sniper rifles could be helpful too...
Die Hards? I'd replace it with Iron Discipline, in all honesty. Die Hards isn't as useful as that one is, nor as cheap.
What is your plan with the Storm Troopers? Are you planning on Infiltrating them? Deepstriking them? Special weapons loadout?
As for the Ratlings, I can't see them being a huge benefit to your army. I'd, personally, leave them out.
If you've got the codex on you, try posting an army list in the Army Lists subforum. Remember to read our rules, though! Don't post individual stats/points costs.
Play Tanith first and Only.
Battlesuits, putting the BS in BullS*%t.
Don't bump dude, its rude as hell.
Check my guide thats stickied at the top, there are some pointers.
Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)
Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces
Er... sorry. I read your guide, and it cleared alot of things up. Well written. Thanks.