What Can I do with this? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Can I do with this?

Hey guys, I just got an awesome deal on some space marines and jumped at the chance.
    I just need to know what would be a good way to configure what I bought, and what I should get next.

Okay, for $25 I got:
    1 landraider with/lascannons, smoke, missile launcher
    1 dread w/missile and tl lascannon
    1 speeder with/heavy bolter
    15 tactical marines w/2 missile launchers
    1 maybe force commander type thing
    1 devastator squad w/heavy bolter, plasma cannon, 2 lascannons
    3 terminators
    1 chaplain

I was thinking about going black templars, or maybe just make my own. I would like to stay away from BA as my brother has them already.

Any comments are appreciated.

Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Erm...hmm. If you wanted to play effective Black Templars you'd still need more models. Neophytes, for one, and CC Tactical Marines (Initiates). The Godhammer Land Raider doesn't really work (fluffily and tactically) for BT, and neither do devastator squads (I don't think they can even take them.) The land speeder is fine, but one may consider ordering an assault cannon bit to make it a Tornado.

You got all that for $25 bucks? Nice frickin' deal. I'd give my sisters liver to have those models. Not my liver, I need that to cope with my regular doses of medicinal gin.

3 terminators aren't really useful (not a full squad.) And for general-purpose situations, the AC dread is more reliable and versatile; the LC/ML one is only really a good choice if you have alternatives or are in dire need of anti-tank.

What exactly is a "maybe force commander type thing"? What equipment does it have? Do you have any other pieces you can apply to re-fit it if its equipment is unsatisfactory?

Maybe a shooty traited list? Note: the changes happening to DA and BA are happening across the board, so that means Combat Squads and armoury restrictions, so be careful what you do buy. This is a really unpredictable time for Space Marines. For some reason. I don't even know why Games Workshop is focussing on Space Marines, they should be past Orks and onto Dark Eldar by now. Hell, we should be seeing a new Necron codex by now, and they don't even need it.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Well, you could put it on a box, and then mail it to me. I think that would be the best thing. Yes do that right away.

More seriously, id buy the codex next, then decide what army you want to play. Finally submit an army list for review.

But personally, i like the first option better. :shifty:
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

This is a really unpredictable time for Space Marines
    This is exactly right, and a very good point to keep in mind. BUT, as a DA player I must say that I think you go pick you up a DA codex and play them

That aside, I would ultimatly wait for the BA codex to release then decide. Go spend about 3 or 4 hours at you hobby store and read through all the codexs and decide from there. You could pick up the Space Marine codex and play everything as you have them.....the only thing with that is you run into a problem like I did when I had to use the DA codex instead. You will be used to giving all these options to guys and major expandability and the with the DA or BA you will be more limited.

I know nothing about BT honestly....sry.

All in all you have a decent core of things. You really have to go heavy shooty! The Land Raider and Termies you prolly wont use much honestly. But the other stuff can be quite useful. Whatever you decide to do welcome to the space marine world, and dont get discuraged.

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply guys. I do have the Codex, due to my brother's Blood Angels. Maybe I'll just go for a trait-ed force. I would like to put an assault cannon on the dread, but oh well. I forgot, I also got about 20 ork boyz in this deal. Sweeeet. I am going to get the other 2 termies very soon. Very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so my brother gave me his entire Blood Angels force because he doesn't want to play, so I have

honor guard w/jetpacks
    furioso dread
    lascannon/missile dread
    16 or so terminators, assault cannon, librarian, missile, heavy flamer
    25 regular marines
    2 veteran sergeants
    6 scouts
    landspeeder w/heavy bolter
    landspeeder w/missile and heavy bolter
    Landraider
    Mephiston Lord of Death
    2 bikers
    2 devastator squads, 1 with 2 lascannons, plasma cannon, HB, the other with plama, missile, las, HB.
    And about 8 death company members.
    and a predator (on the sprue in the box still)
    FOR $35!!!!!!

What can I do with this? I was hoping to make a assaulty force of BA, with lots of jetpacks or rhinos. Rather, I think I'll go straight shooty with all my dev. squads, backed by a line of spacemarines, with deepstriking or walkon terminators. Sweet, I'll post a list.

How do I get Jetpacks for my deathcompany? I would only really field a death company army if they had Jetpacks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by LittleBlueMan; April 29th, 2007 at 10:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try to get the jetpacks from a bits supplier or GW themeslves, ive seen www.Battlewagon-bits.com they have just the jump packs for you.

+ Reply to Thread