Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Best Troops Choice?

1K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Fallen Angel 
#1 ·
Which chapter has the best troops?

I say Space Wolves for the Blood Claws. 14pts for the +1 Attack when charging, counter-attack, drop pods and massive number of powerfists.

A deepstriking horde of them would be incredibly nasty.

#3 ·
White Scars Bikes are my personal favorite troops. For 36 points you get a stable fireing platform that can move 12 and assault 6, has a TO of 5, can break away 3d6" in any direction from any combat that they win, can reroll difficult terrain tests, can hold a weapon in each hand while riding, can countercharge, and can get +1 Initiative on the charge if using a powerlance.

That beats the crap outta most armies troop choices if you ask me, ESPECIALLY since you can't rhino rush anymore.

#4 ·
Personally I like darkangel tactical marines. cos all you need to do is give the sergeant deathwing honors and they all won't run away. You see, I don't really like losing until every single one of my guys are dead. Worth the paint job you know. I hate it when you paint your guys so hard and it turns out they just run away

#6 ·
As much as I would like to say a black templar squad, I just can't. It's gotta be the bloodclaws. They cost about the same but get an extra power weapon in the squad and another additional attack for charging, even though they have a lower WS and BT's have vows. Its close though. ;)

#9 ·
hey man, dont underestimate the scouts, games have been won because of scouts (and i dont mean won for the other player)...still, i wouldnt say they are the best, lol

i like the blood claws, i think they may be the best...but then there's that little bit of me that just loves the idea taking terminators as troops choices (deathwing)...im pretty sure they could trounce a squad of just about any other troop choice

#12 ·
scout squads i would say

i have tonnes of the guys..moreoften i field more of them than any other troop type. they are cheap well armed, and pretty good at anything..pluss they can be armed just as well as if not be3tter than a tac squad.

long range death scout squads rule. 8 with sniper rilfes the sargent and one scout with a heavy weapon. like autocannon or heavy bolter. troop kiling squad. adn normally outside of all but heavy weapon range..

and heavy weapons n a scout squad is kinda a waste no?

#19 ·
Although i would say DA tactical squads seing how they are well rounded and will never run away... i would have to say scouts with sniper rifles, pinning down lots of units and being great against high toughness people

#23 ·
But scouts are also good, they are less points, slightly worse armour, can be equipped for close-cobat easily, and are incredible at range, think autocannon plus eight sniper rifles drool :w

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.