Help Vs Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Help Vs Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ussually a guard player, but I decided to play as sisters. The game was vs my brother (who was guard, we both proxyed [proxied?] armies) and it was veeery close (I was wiped out, but all he had was 2 imobilized demolishers and a imobilized hellhound).
    My list was this:

Cannoness with Blade of Adniminium (the one that gives the enemy -1 Ld), CombiFlamer, Rosarius and Frag Grenades.
    95 pts.

Celestian Bodyguard with Vetren with CombiFlamer and The -1 Ld sword, Heavy Flamer, Flamer and Dialogus in a Rhino with Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor and a Dozer Blade.
    229 pts

10 Battle Sisters with a MeltaGun and a Preacher with CCW and Bolt P. x3
    244 pts.

10 Seraphim with a Vetren with the -1 Ld sword and Frag Grenades, and 2 Flamers. x2
    394 pts.

9 Retributors with 4 Multi Meltas and a Preacher with CCW and a Bolt P, in a Rhino with Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor and a Dozer Blade. x2
    506 pts.

20 Redemptionists with Redemptionist Priesta and a Preacher with CCW and a Bolt P. x2
    254 pts.

5 Battle Sisters.
    50 pts.

During the battle I easily "disposed" of his infantry, but I was unable to touch his tanks (I had the worst luck in that game, 4 short range Multi Meltas had 4 turns to shoot at the front of the demolisher, they managed to imobilize it and stun it... ONCE! All of my meltas took forever to hit anything, let alone hurt it (my usual guardsmen seem like sharpshooters compared to how my sisters were shooting) And my bad luck got worse, in combat my girls managed to hit way more than the odds (one example, 6 out of 7 attacks hit when hitting on 4s) but were unable to would anything (same example, I rolled 6 1s to wound)

Things I learned-
    1) Everything needs anti-tank weapons (my seraphim were forced to try and shoot the back armor of a hellhound with their bolt pistols as all the enemy infantry was long dead)

2) Same as #1 except in capitals.

Does anybody have any suggestions for tactics, strategies, changes in army list, etc. for our next game. All I can give you is that it's against guard (we proxy armies) and that we don't usually play missions, mostly just battles until one person is wiped out.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

demolishers are a tough nut to crack. maybe consider an exorcist if your opponent goes with dual demolishers again as you can pretty easily keep the exorcist out of the demolisher's range if you've got fairly open terrain (though plasma cannon sponsons are the only thing that could ruin your day) - anyhow d6 s8 missiles gives a good chance at cracking that demolisher open a bit. multimeltas should be your primary effort though i'd say - do celestians with a multimelta (don't have the codex handy so if you can do that, do that). this strategy is fairly cheap and you catch the bs4 which is important in the situation of possibly only getting one shot at the demolisher within 12" before it turns that nasty cannon on your squad.

hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that I had an Exorcist (stupid me! forgot to mention it) that managed to kill a hellhound, but its missiles just bounced off the demolishers. And I had 8 MultiMeltas. The meltas managed to immobilize 2 demolishers and stun one, but thats it. My seraphim, without any anti tank weapons, managed to do more (they killed a hellhound by shooting it in the rear).

The celestians seems like my best chance.

BTW he had 3 hellhounds and 3 demolishers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you had saraphim and you didn't give them melta bombs? Giving saraphim melta bombs can meen the difference between loosing a game and winning. I have had pleanty of situations when the only things left on the board are squads of saraphim and my enemies lemun russ's. I have also had more than enoguh encounters when things like Landraiders, prediters, rhinos, and lemun russ demolishers get destroyed on the second turn, just because I got good at sneaking up on them with 10 or so saraphim. It can really screw your aponent over really fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

OK:
    1, I dont like the flamers in the serephim squad, if they shoot you lose your charge bonus so moslty this is a waste of points
    2.Get the serephim sister superior purity seals
    3.get your serephin some anti tank grenades
    4. consider some of the axe of (cough cough I forgot) that count as power fists
    5.Exorcist can be good or bad depending on their dice roles but in a low vehicle army they are never gonna last long, the multi meltas are the way to go but it always gonna be dificult
    Alternatley dominions with melta guns present a cheaper option
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We played the second day yesterday, and I won!!!
    Here's my "revised" list:
    Cannoness with Blade of -1Ld, CombiFlamer, Rosarius, Melta Bombs and a Jump Pack.
    110 pts.

10 Celestians with Vetren with the -1 Ld sword and MeltaBombs, Heavy Flamer, MeltaGun and a Preacher with a CCW and a Bol P.
    187 pts

10 Battle Sisters with 2 MeltaGuns and a Preacher with CCW and Bolt P. x6
    792 pts.

10 Seraphim with a Vetren with the -1 Ld sword, and MletaBombs. x2
    450 pts.

10 Retributors with 4 Heavy Bolters.
    140 pts.

9 Dominions with 4 MeltaGuns and a Preacher with a CCW, Krak Grenades and a Bolt P in a Rhino with Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor and a Dozer Blade.
    219 pts.

This time my opponent only used 2 basilisks (and 6 sentinals) and again I took out his infantry quite easily (it took a bit longer as he used the chem inhaler special equipment)

Thanks for the help!!!
    (If you want to mention any chages for my new list that would help as well)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good list. I rarely use the blad of admonition, how did that work for you? how many turns did your aponents vehicles last?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The blades of admonition (thanks for the spelling) worked great! The chem inhaler doctrine made him take his ld test on unmoddified ld, and since he had a HSO with a vox, it was unmoddified 9 (he didn't fail many). The -1 really helped (ie made him accually fail once or twice). -1 Ld for only 5 points (it's also a power weapon) seems worth it to me. And his vehicles... My dominions faced of against 3 sentinals on my left flank. Suprisingly enough, it took them 4 turns (3 close range) to kill them, but i only lost one sister in return. His 2 basilisks were both killed eventually by my Exorcist (I forgot to mention this one too :blink: ) without doing too much damage (I only lost one squad of sisters to the two of them). On my right flank my sisters meltaguns easily killed the three sentinals. I did very well that game (I won by something like 1000 VP).

The problem is, now he's using his eldar.

Anyone have any tips for fighting them. He usually plays biel tan (:shudder: reapers)
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

Against reapers? You need speed. All vehicles are good. Rhinos for armour and speed, Immolators to uhhh... immolate... troops and the Exorcist to hammer those annoyingly tough or distant targets.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but with current rules, sisters who are troops can't deploy in a Rhino. I would use all the fast attack options on saraphim. Although, you could cheat, and deploy 10 retributers in a Rhino, and not give them heavy weapons. That would be exactly as if you deployed troops in a Rhino, accept they deploy sooner in cleanse missions. Thats if your going for spead though, im not very familiar with the eldar list. The avatar is a troop choice right ?

Closed Thread