Orcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Orcs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do i use

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know....lotsa lotsa tanks and lotsa lotsa guardsmen. And sentinels in big groups....oh and watch out for their dreadnoughts which are good at close range...unless they change that which i doubt it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would use most of your points on tanks and fire support squads. The Orks armour sucks, so use heavy bolters in your regular squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Yeah... Lotsa firepower and rapid fire weapons. If those boyz get into CC with your guardsmen you're history...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say that I can do well against orks with my normal army list, that is (1500 points) 3 maximum size platoons, each squad with a missile launcher and a grenade launcher, two griffons, and a command platoon of just the captains squad with two missile launchers. In the first turn (when everything is out of range) target either the warboss and retinue, or any looted tank with all 19 missile launchers (or at least till the vehicle is destroyed, then target the warboss' squad) and then try to whittle down the squads of boyz till they either run off, or become too small (about 3 men) to do any significant damage (you can target the leftovers when the big squads are gone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hehe... 19 missile launchers... The beauty of the Imperial Guard...
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use a skirmish line of guard as a speed bump to slow the enermy down.

Stretch them out in front about twelve inches from your main battle line. One or two squads should do depending upon how big your game is. the Orcs hit the guard line and tear into it. If they wipe it out then they can only consolidate, leaving them stranded infront of the rest of your army. If they don't you have just survived another turn, and you can always counter charge. I know this last option sounds a but mad but if you charge them then they don't get their Waaghh bonus and charge bounus ( I think, but I would have to check the details in the codex).

Just think of the look on you foes face when you charge HIS army!

I think I should enclose a disclaimer at this point. I have never tried a baynet charge against a green horde before as they normally rip my skirmish screen to peices before stumbling infront of my 9 heavy bolters and big guns. If anyone wants to try it please let me know how it goes.

Same tactis should work against Nyds etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Saxon@Jul 6 2003, 16:57

Just think of the look on you foes face when you charge HIS army!

if u realy wanna see a look of surprise....
    charge into hth then surround him with flamers and have a nice barbeque.....hehe char-grilled orcs......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmm one minor detail i forgot to mention but....
    u might nuke a couple of ur own guys....eh acceptable losses........ :huh:

Closed Thread