Dominions. . .Fast Attack? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Dominions. . .Fast Attack?

In an effort to improve my poor playing abilities, I am trying to understand my army a lot better. This brings me to the topic of Fast Attack. The Seraphim might just be the jewel in my army's crown. What I can't understand is how the Dominions qualify as Fast Attack. They lack jump packs, can't execute the 'Hit & Run' and even with their Weapons Options lack any rapid fire capability.
    Okay, so they can rush to the front in a vehicle. All Sisters can travel in vehicles (except, of course, the Repentias, my second favorite Squad.)
    So where does the Fast Attack come in, exactly? Someone please point out what I'm missing. (And please don't quote that last sentence as it sounds to whiney!)
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

It's the fact that they must take a transport option. All others can, Dominions must.
    And it allows you to take 4 special weapons (more expensively than normal, but still 4).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Stjohn70 got the differences sorted out for you. I think that GW just run out of ideas for new models and rules (hence 90% of SOB armies use the same basic piece - Celestians, Sisters, Rets, Dominions - same model. Tau have Pathfinders who have to take a transport, which PREVENTS them from making scouting moves - how clever!

Anyhow, three ideas for Dominions:

- For a "foot"army - take them with 5 SBs (10 shots at 24"), and use the Rhino as a screen for the most valuable unit...
    - With 4 special weapons + 1 for VSS you can take a lot of flamers (which kills their coverage area anyway) or meltas for tank/termie hunting...
    - As great as Seraphs are, they are expensive. Dominions might be a better fit for smaller, mechanized list(I run my Adepticon '07 army without any Seraphims ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can take them with 2 flamers, VSS with eviscerator and join a priest with power weapon/power armor. Put them in an immolator which will go it's own way to tankshock/flame as hell. They can make an good assault unit with faith powers and it unlocks arcos/penitent...

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

[QUOTE=stjohn70;924625]It's the fact that they must take a transport option.
    Seraphim, as I say, are killer Fast Attack. One of the members of my 40K group fields Blood Angels, and Land Speeders certainly spell: Fast Attack. But 6-9 armed nuns in a truck hardly sounds like 'Fast Attack'. Infact, if you threw in Whoopi Goldberg and a few songs, you could have another 'Sister Act' movie!

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stjohn70 View Post
    It's the fact that they must take a transport option.
    Seraphim, as I say, are killer Fast Attack. One of the members of my 40K group fields Blood Angels, and Land Speeders certainly spell: Fast Attack. But 6-9 armed nuns in a truck hardly sounds like 'Fast Attack'. Infact, if you threw in Whoopi Goldberg and a few songs, you could have another 'Sister Act' movie!
    Well, the simple fact is that they can move faster than walking while in the truck, pop out and Divine Guidance flame just about anything they want to death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by boreas View Post
    You can take them with 2 flamers, VSS with eviscerator and join a priest with power weapon/power armor. Put them in an immolator which will go it's own way to tankshock/flame as hell. They can make an good assault unit with faith powers and it unlocks arcos/penitent...
    If that is your goal, then Celestians make a better option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sartorious View Post
    Seraphim, as I say, are killer Fast Attack. One of the members of my 40K group fields Blood Angels, and Land Speeders certainly spell: Fast Attack. But 6-9 armed nuns in a truck hardly sounds like 'Fast Attack'.
    Yes, Seraphim are a "better" FA choice. But Dominions can provide you with another mobile unit that can be threatening.

There are plenty of Fast Attack choices that aren't ... Fast, it is not a phenomenon unique to Witch Hunters. Off the top of my head, I can think of a few things that go as fast or slower than Dominions.
    Chaos: Deathguard in Rhinos
    IG: Sentinels, Hellhounds, Rough Riders
    Tyranids: Raveners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel indifferent to dominions, as sisters or celestians can normally do the job better, but they do function well as an all-rounder unit, in that they can take 2 flamers and 2 meltaguns, so they can deal with tanks and infantry better then normal sisters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn70 View Post
    If that is your goal, then Celestians make a better option.
    Quite right, but my elite slots are usually all used (lots of assassins/arcos) whereas my fast slots aren't (even at 2 squads of seraphims). I must say, with this dominion squad, you pay the same price as celestian, but get one less WS and Ini...

Phil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast