Quick questions chaps - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick questions chaps

Alright, picked up playing Warhammer again after a 10 year absence, and just wanted to check I'm reading the codex right:

If you choose the Grenadiers doctrine, you can use Stormtrooper squads as troop choices, and therefore don't need to field an infantry platoon or armoured fist platoon (ie, a 500 point army could have a HQ, 3 squads of stormtroopers as a troop choice and say a basilisk).

I was contemplating using it agains the TAU, deepstriking my dudes up into his face, trying to get close and taking out his (inevitable) rail gun. I'm using two elite choices as stormtroopers too, so having 5 squads in a 500 point game. Legal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes its legal, as long as you fulfill the FO chart, 1 HQ and 2 troops, your fine. You would have 3 troops and 2 elites and a HQ, which works fine.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Not sure they can deepstrike though as they are "Grenadiers" not "Stormtroopers". Better have one of the gurus answer this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Yes, the special TROOPS stromtroopers have some restrictions (which is named under the doctine). I can't go into more detail, as I don't want to violate Copyright.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah yes, i see it now, they can't infiltrate or deepstrike. Bah, nevermind! May still use them though, saves points on infantry platoon I could use on something else possibly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simply put Grenadiers as opposed to Storm-Troopers proper can not deep strike or infiltrate. Sorry. However you will still be able to deep strike your regular Storm-Trooper squads and since you only need two troops slots you will have 3 of them to do deep striking with.
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    Thought for the Day: Armylists are a three-edged sword. The list your backstory wants. The list that is optimal. The list of models you actually own.
    And HOW.

(\_/)
    (X.X)
    (><) This is Dead Bunny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MyArmys: Points: W/L/D

Imperial Guard: 2250: In Progress.
    Necron: 500: 2/1/1

Join the Imperium today!

+ Reply to Thread