Advice :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    I'v been building my Deamon Hunters army, seeing what I would like to buy in order to expand on the core of my army.
    At the moment, The core of my army is two squads of Grey Knights and my Hero. I was wondering what advice my fellow Deamon Hunter commanders might have on building an army off such a base?

Also, I'm wondering, when it says in the Codex "This GreyKnight may be given equipment from the armoury" Does that include weapons as well? (I'm assuming it does, considering an armoury is where you store weapons, but i'd rather be 200% sure before I play anyone with the army)

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'v been building my Deamon Hunters army, seeing what I would like to buy in order to expand on the core of my army.
    At the moment, The core of my army is two squads of Grey Knights and my Hero. I was wondering what advice my fellow Deamon Hunter commanders might have on building an army off such a base?
    I would recommend at least 1 squad of GK terminators. They all have S 6 power weapons so are great in HTH (even better than GK in power armor who can kick butt).
    I would recommend either a Dreadnought or Land Raider for some anti-armor
    Other than that.. go with more GK in power armor, maybe pick up some of the new figures w/psycannons.

Also, I'm wondering, when it says in the Codex "This GreyKnight may be given equipment from the armoury" Does that include weapons as well? (I'm assuming it does, considering an armoury is where you store weapons, but i'd rather be 200% sure before I play anyone with the army)
    Yes it does, as the Armoury includes both weapons and wargear. However, in the beginning paragraph of the Armoury it specifically says that GK in power armor may only use Wargear (so no weapons) because they are "forbidden to use lesser weapons". Other than that anyone else can use weapons. Also remember, only weapons with a * can be used by models in terminator armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have a big army you should include some impierial guard for cannon fodder. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah, ignore IG and take stormtroopers if you want fodder. Stormtroopers are better than guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<smiles> Thank you very much for the advice and confirming that i&#39;m not going totally wrong with how i&#39;m building my army

Keep the advice comin if you got it.

I was thinking maybe not even having any storm troopers in my army, althought they are a plentyful source of troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will start useing stormtrooper as cannon fodder. and still use IG to. :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I&#39;v been wondering about this.

Looking through the armoury pages I find there is no point cost at all for certain, so I would assume these mean they have no point cost (A fairly stupid question but a part of me wonders lol)

So if I wished, I would equip Psycannon bolts but nothing else but also for no point cost?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?
    :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. I&#39;m not quite certain what you were looking for/asking about. However, Psycannon bolts cost 10 points, so to equip a model with psycannon bolts you would need to add 10 points to the cost of the model. Unless, of course, the model is wielding a psycannon (which automatically has the bolts and the bolts are included in the psycannon stat line and the cost of the psycannon).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, sorry, I was really tired when I wrote that and forgot to come back when I was awake and edit&#33;

Yeah, thats what I was asking about, but I in the codex it simply does not list a cost for psybolts, for troopers, it does list it for Vehicles as 10 points.

The wording of it for the troops makes it sound like they are always equiped with them tho

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast