Russ Annihilator from Forgeword - Yay or Nay? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Russ Annihilator - Yay or Nay?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumbs up from me! I want one at some point...

18 52.94%
  • It ooks to be well balanced option (at the point cost listed)...

8 23.53%
  • Blah! Not good at all... I will keep my BattleCannon/Vanquisher turret...

8 23.53%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Russ Annihilator from Forgeword - Yay or Nay?

Hello all

I am not an IG player, so please excuse my lack of knowledge on the topic! However, I am able to induct IG into my army, and already have a small detachment that allows me to have a Russ and two Armored Fists on the table. For my Russ, I can use either regular turret, or the infamous Vanquisher setup.

In the tank killer role, the later is a very good choice, however, it is rather expensive, and still uses a BS3 of a guard trooper. Well, it seems that Forgeword came up with another option: Russ Annihilator with twin-linked lasscannons!

Looking at the experimental rules, it seems to be a steal at the point cost listed…

RULES

Hence my two questions:
    • IA books list all the options of Russ as available for any army that can use/induct/ally them. This variant seems to be linked to DKOK line. I assume that, as with others, it will be available to everyone capable of fielding a Russ?
    • What is your general opinion in this tank? Should I run to buy one soon?
    THX

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From just looking at the rules, it is rather good. Haven't got one myselfthough.
    Rawr. Chaos are evil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In dedicated Imperial Guard armies, its typically the infantry that handle the anti-tank duties, while the Tanks handle the anti-infantry duties.

If, however, you are using IG as an inducted ally and have the anti-infantry slots all locked up with solid units, then I think the Leman Russ Annihilator makes a great anti-tank Tank.
    For options I think a hull lascannon, no sponsons, extra armor, and smoke launchers would be ideal.

cso
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideal setup would be hull HB, HB spons. Move 6' fire twinlinked lascannon and 9 hb shots at BS3 .. 14, 13, 11. About the same as chaos annihalor with mutated hull

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

All I can say is that I love the model, and usually that is all it takes for me.
    I say Yay!
    Oh, and please I want more HS-slots...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Nice looking tank but as far as useing on in my army is concerned i will have to say no. One twin lascannon shot and a single hull lascannon shot for 150 something points is not a very good choice in my book. It would be ok for a fun game i guess as its looks very nice and we need a few more types of leman russ tanks in the codex.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Hmmm... I am a WH player, so long-range is my weak spot. In large games (small will never see inducted IG) one tank like that might be worth 140 points IMHO... Plus, like said above - the sculpt looks really cool too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Smok, it sounds to me like if you have already made up your mind on this lovely tank.
    I say go for it:yes:

A model that you feel for and can have in your army is far more important to get then a medium-cared for model that has great gaming potential.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Well, since I have the body of the tank and two turrets, might as well buy a third one :yes:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

You can never get to many turrets now, can you?
    I think FW-turrets are among the best buy a general can do. They add both character and diversity for a relatively small amount of money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast