Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Marines Chapter :/

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  isitused 
#1 ·
that can be the "entire ultramarines chpter in all its glory" It only has three whirlwinds and one land speeder. I dont see any devistator squads except the ones in my rule book and page 29 in the codex. Wuts this all about?
sory had to *rant*

#2 ·
well in that picture, the devastator squads are the ones in front of the rhinos with the thich cheveron on them. I don't think thats the FULL strength of the Ultramarines chapter though, since if you look on the organization chart on page 46, you get the full information on the size.

#3 ·
lol, that isn't a full picture. Look at the list, it says one company has about 7 Dreadnoughts, while there are 9 there. The rest of the companys in total have about another 9, so it is a bit off.

#6 ·
It is the whole Chapter... They haven't got avery single vehicle owned by the Chapter but every Marine is present...

#10 ·
Yes but he is not a part of the organisational squads or counted among the marines of the Company.. Near the end of the Codex you can find a complete organisational list of the Ultramarines Chapter so you can get a better idea of how a Chapter is built up...

#11 ·
hey, about those pictures, I think they only have enough space marines for one picture, then moved them all around for the second picture. Does any one think GW made enough space marines for ONE picture showing the ENTIRE chapter?

Also, about that picutre of the cadians that shows about 4000 soldiers, I think they only had about one or two blocks of troops, took pictures from different angles, and then photo-edited them to look like a 4000 man army. Any one agrea with that, or do you think they built and painted all of them?

#13 ·
No it isn't... There are nine companies of a hundred Marines and a scout company. As there is no fixed number of scouts in a Chapter there is no saying how many there have to be in the picture.
GW did in fact make the entire Ultramarine Chapter and it was shown at Games Day I believe. I remember when they made it...

Just to make it clear: Yes it is the enitre Ultramarines Chapter in all its glory! No doubt they have more vehicles, dreadnoughts and equipment but every single Battle Brother of the Chapter is present!

END OF STORY!

#14 ·
:D
Bobahat is correct. In fact you can view those actual mini's in a GW hobby store
in London. It's really cool, all laid out in squads and everything!

#15 ·
The cadians in teh IG book are defanetly the same 2 or 3 units re-croped to form that massive army.

I have a question about the 1000 space marine thing. Does the 1000 include Tank drivers, Dreadnoughts, ect. ect.?
So each 100 man company would only have say 90 actual troops allowing i guess 10 to drive all the tanks, or to die and become dreds.
-GM

#18 ·
Well, here's my two cents, and sorry if someone has already brought this up. I believe that the ultra marines pictured there were built and painted by GW staff for a large expedition fight against a simularly large tyranid army. I can't remember the details, but a friend of mine who used to work for GW said the battle took up an entire room and lasted 3 days. So... it might not be to the letter complete, but a very impressive picture.

And, tank drivers are definitely space marines, not servitors. At least in the blood angels chapter. How else would you explain vehicles black raging? And the 1000 number is just a lofty goal that most chapters adhere to. The space marine chapters are scattered around the imperium and are largely self-governed. Some chapters are even near-renegade. I know there are notes in the fluff that mention the space wolves not following any of the adeptus guide lines for force organization.

The question I have is: Does an active dreadnought's pilot still retain his gene-seed components? Or are these passed back to the chaplains for new recruits? How much of the actual marine is still left inside the sarcophigus? Also, I wonder what the dreadnoughts do for fun while not in battle? Imagine a couple of them playing badminton or better yet, racquetball.

#19 ·
i think the spare time of a dreadnaught is described int eh chaos codex. It makes a direct comparisen to the chaos dreadnaught. I forget exactly, but chances are the imperial space marines dreadnaughts just sleap (accept blood angels who died of black rage maybe).

The space wolves dont adhere to the 1000 space marine per chapter buisiness. They are in 12 great companies, who are of an un-known size. Assumably they are any size they wan't, and all 12 companies are based on Fenris, Lamun Russ's home world. Speaking of dreadnaughts, the space wolf dreadnaught, named Bjorn, tells the story of how Lamun Russ disapeared to the rune preist, ever 1000 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.