Holy Bike-Riding Meatgrinder - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Bike-Riding Meatgrinder

I just posted my very silly 10 model all bike 500 points army on the army list. It is for a friendly game this saturday, and we're playing City Fight. One scenario that I was plotting in my head is the HBRM - the Holy Bike-Riding Meatgrinder. This is how I see it going down, and correct me where my logic is flawed;

So my HQ is a Chappy on a bike, attached or otherwise to other fellow bike marines. Say I am facing off against some..oooh I don't know - Chaos scum, for example. This is City Fight with lots of building, making for a maze of alleys. So he has a squad of Chaos coming down one such alley, fairly bunched up because they are footsloggers and he is trying to stay off of terrain. During my turn my Chappy cuts around the corner, lets loose with some pointless TL bolter action, and charges in. NOW, I have to move in a straight line at the squad of Chaos, but I choose to place my Chap sideways, touching his entire front line of Chaos, say 3 treacherous marines. Chappy goes first and slaughters everything, as is appropriate for a Chappy ( 6 attacks, reroll to hit hopefully resulting in 5 hits thanks to high WS, the damage part is the tricky bit ). Chaos has to be in contact with Chappy to attack him back, they are not, and I consolidate into their next line of men. Their turn, I would get to go first again, so rinse and repeat...

This Chappy also has a PF, so I could try the same with said PF (fixing the issue with the very dicey damage roll) but the beauty of the above is that they get to do little other than die. It all does hinge on the Chap killing everything he touches but hopefully it would result in the alley, where the men would be bunched up, becoming a charnel house.

Or am I being too optimistic?

Stormcrows Chapter of the Space Marines
    Praemonitus praemunitus
    Enemy: W/L/D
    IG: 2/0/0
    Tyranids: 1/1/1
    Chaos: 4/0/1
    DH: 3/1/1
    SW: 0/1/0
    SM: 1/0/0
    Orcs: 1/0/0
    Necron: 2/2/0
    Total: 14/5/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little optimistic.
    If you were to attach the chappy to a small squad of bikers, and you left one or 2 within 2 inches of the chappy, but out of b2b, they could become casualties instead of the chappy, while adding wounds if the chappy doesn't kill anything, but not making the enemy get into b2b easier.

X is chaos
    [Ch] is chaplain
    000 is friendly bikers (3 0's per bike)

XXXX
    XXXX
    XXXX
    [Ch]
    0 0
    0 0
    0 0

I could see this working, but I don't know if you could turn the bike to it's side, i'd have to double check the BGB. Just remember that the powerfist makes you strike last in CC, plus chaplains get better the more men their litanies of hate effect.

For my money I would take a jump squad w/chaplain and flamers.
    You could burn the whole squad with flamers, shoot with pistols, then charge with a butload of attacks (more than a bike squad due to 2 close combat weapons. This could conceivably kill the entire enemy squad. Just make sure you give your chappy a bolt pistol and termie honors for 6 attacks on the charge.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

There's problems with jump squads in Cityfight due to landing in difficult terrain. Flamers are exceptionally effective however, IIRC.

Lesse. This is a low-points game, so at least a third of your force is in the Chaplain, who you want to keep alive. High T is good for this, so yay bikes. Bikes also mean he's fast and chase people down; however, I'm not sure how well bikes do in difficult terrain.

Though it is a cool image. Roaring down the alleyway. Turning to the side and knocking Chaos scum left and right. Shouting "Emperor FTW!" whilst hacking from a position of height.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WELL THEN, it seems that inadvertedly I already agree with you all. The squad the Chap is attached to is my close combat bike squad - a troop squad with 5 units, 2 with flamers and the sgt with power weapon and a bolter/flamer. So it would be *3* flamer templates before the Chap charges in. As far as keeping my men back so they don't become casualties - I can space them 1 inch apart - also I could always detach the Chap prior to the move so the squad could follow for the flaming bit, but not charge in with the Chap and stay back.
    Last edited by Dremmen; May 31st, 2007 at 16:22.
    Stormcrows Chapter of the Space Marines
    Praemonitus praemunitus
    Enemy: W/L/D
    IG: 2/0/0
    Tyranids: 1/1/1
    Chaos: 4/0/1
    DH: 3/1/1
    SW: 0/1/0
    SM: 1/0/0
    Orcs: 1/0/0
    Necron: 2/2/0
    Total: 14/5/3