Which codex? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which codex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which codex?

Hey, how is everyone doin'?
    I recently just got into the marvelous world of 40K with the Dark Angels army, and I was doing some research on the internet and I noticed a lot of rules in the Dark Angels codex are to be replaced by the regular Space Marines codex. I also noticed a lot of units and rules are not in the Dark Angels codex as compared to the Space Marines.
    Should I go out and buy a copy of the Space Marines codex? What rules in the codex do, and do not apply for a Dark Angles army?

Also one more quick question, how do I know what to roll for close combat and power weapons? What're their stats besides their special rules?

Thanks for your guys' time, I appreciate any help anyone may render.
    Ciao.

Last edited by aelange; May 31st, 2007 at 12:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Rule book will tell you everything. But the you only need the darkangels codex for the rules of SM. It includes their's with their's. So only need one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Just a little question - which dark angels codex are you reading? Just in case you are looking at one of the old ones, the new one looks like this:

Games Workshop Online Store — Dark Angels Codex

You only need this codex. No FAQ's have come out, to my knowledge, and If you are reading any they were only applicable to the old DA codex.

Also one more quick question, how do I know what to roll for close combat and power weapons? What're they're stats besides their special rules?
    Check the main warhammer 40k rulebook, assault section.

I recently just got into the marvelous world of 40K with the Dark Angels army, and I was doing some research on the internet and I noticed a lot of rules in the Dark Angels codex are to be replaced by the regular Space Marines codex. I also noticed a lot of units and rules are not in the Dark Angels codex as compared to the Space Marines.
    Should I go out and buy a copy of the Space Marines codex? What rules in the codex do, and do not apply for a Dark Angles army?
    You will only need a copy of the new dark angels codex - it has everything you need to know. Full army list, nothing is left out.

If you want to run a normal (non DA, standard Codex) marine chapter, you will need the normal space marine book, however, as the rules for the DA are different and non-compatible.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, I appreciate your guys' help.
    So, I'm assuming Dark Angels don't have 'Stubborn' or any other SM rules (Besides 'And They Shall Know No Fear')?

Also, I apologize for not mentioning it earlier, but I own the brand new codex (~April 07).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by aelange View Post
    So, I'm assuming Dark Angels don't have 'Stubborn' or any other SM rules (Besides 'And They Shall Know No Fear')?
    They have exactly what they get in Codex: Dark Angels. There aren't any hidden or out of the way rules for them.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

You must have the old 3rd edition codex. Tough luck; they just updated it, you need the new one - which is totally stand-alone, and you won't need anything else other than the rulebook. All Dark Angels special abilities have been removed, so no more Stubborn.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread