Heavy Weapon Platoon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Heavy Weapon Platoon

I apologise for bringing up this question again as it may have been asked numerous times before..

Can the weapon crew of a heavy weapon base fire his lasgun as normal?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes they are both equiped with lasguns you can opt not to fire the heavy and fire them instead or if firing the heavy one can still fire his lasgun. This is a question I asked a gw staff memeber

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

No this is wrong. The loader may fire. The other guy is "equipped" with the heavy weapon therefore he cannot have a lasrifle as this woudl break the no 2 two handed weapons rules. Also TBH the only time he could possibly fire would be on the move and who is then carrying the main gun??

There is another thread about this already up here on this page!

A

(Staff members are also known to give totally random answers, for intance if I had have actually taken that job i was offered then my answer would be different and just as valid!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commisarlestat's answer sounds more accurat however if you play at a gameshop or in a tourny you should ask who is runing it. vbmenu_register("postmenu_939303", true);

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The army list states 6 guardsmen with lasguns which means that they may choose to fire either the lasgun or the heavy weapon or any combination of the above.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

yes six men with lasguns before you buy the weapons. It doesnt actually say 6 lasguns it says men with lasguns. As you have to equip someone with the heavy weapon there arent the six lasguns there can only be three.

A

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Just wanted to point out....

There is NO "no two-handed weapons" rule. The ONLY place you see this is when buying weapons from the Armoury, and it states that you may not purchase more than one two-handed weapon. It does not, however, state, anywhere, that you may not be equipped with more than one two-handed weapon.

Another example is the Autarch in the new Eldar codex, who can be equipped with three weapons. Same idea - you can't do it when purchasing from the Armoury, but nowhere does it say "replace" or that you can't be equipped with more than one two-handed weapon.

So, going by that, yes, they are still all equipped with Lasguns and can shoot them if that's your desire.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Ahh so you lot are playing RAW rather than actually what is A sensible and B is played by most people and is accepted practice.

The thing is it doesnt say they are equipped with lasrifles it says the squad is. Just because it doesnt say exactly that they arent equipped doesnt mean we should ignore precedent. Yes it says int he armoury no two two-handed weapons and that is for a reason that is generally the only place that event could take place. Now say you bought a lascannon for a marine squad are you saying that the marine keeps his bolter? If every other weapon in the game works like this and really as far as it is shown in the codex it is implied to be like this then why should it suddenly be different?

What you are suggesting is that a guardsman is lugging a heavy weapon + extras under one arm and shooting a lasrifle on auto from the hip while running at a decent speed?

To me even if raw can let you do this you will lose opponents fast. It just doesnt seem right especially seen as a marine is exempt form doing this! Have a look in the hardened veterans section they use the same heavy weapons wording on the special weapons this is the same in the stormies section.
    Yes by RAW you could argue it (thought TBH the counter arguement is as good if not better) but be realistic about it most people wouldnt like it and i certainly wont be pulling that on people.

Also i dont see whats different about purchasing weapons from the list section rather than the armoury. You are still buying them a weapon. Have you looked in the new dark angels codex aswell? From what i remember all options are listed in the troops army list section.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once again I recomend you ask the local oganizer which ruling or you can do a dice off. Eather way its a sad day when a single lasgun makes or breaks an army.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post
    Ahh so you lot are playing RAW rather than actually what is A sensible and B is played by most people and is accepted practice.
    It's sensible for someone to leave their rifle at home and carry around a bigger gun, which, if malfunctions .... leaves him unarmed? I don't think so. And most people could play that all armour saves are invulnerable saves, if they want.. doesn't make them right, does it?

The thing is it doesnt say they are equipped with lasrifles it says the squad is.
    I don't understand this as forwarding your point. Question - who are members of the squad? Three of the six Guardsmen, or, maybe all of the Guardsmen? I go with "all."

Just because it doesnt say exactly that they arent equipped doesnt mean we should ignore precedent.
    What precedent?

Yes it says int he armoury no two two-handed weapons and that is for a reason that is generally the only place that event could take place.
    Except, there are several other instances where a similar thing takes place.... Eldar Autarchs, other heavy weapons, etc.

Now say you bought a lascannon for a marine squad are you saying that the marine keeps his bolter? If every other weapon in the game works like this and really as far as it is shown in the codex it is implied to be like this then why should it suddenly be different?
    Funny you should raise that point, as I was just considering it, myself. According to all of those entries, it's true that they should still have their Bolters, and, to me, it actually makes sense. I'd let someone play like that, sure.

What you are suggesting is that a guardsman is lugging a heavy weapon + extras under one arm and shooting a lasrifle on auto from the hip while running at a decent speed?
    If he wants to, sure. If you're going to start bringing real-life logic into 40k, then a lot of things start getting weird. Best avoided.

To me even if raw can let you do this you will lose opponents fast.
    I can't see how, to be honest. What on earth is an extra Lasgun/Bolter shot going to do? Especially since it means not firing something like a Lascannon... hardly game breaking, and if you would refuse to play someone over that, I would hate to be your opponent. No offense meant, just seems far too uptight about a low strength shot that, if moving, would be within 12" ...

It just doesnt seem right especially seen as a marine is exempt form doing this! Have a look in the hardened veterans section they use the same heavy weapons wording on the special weapons this is the same in the stormies section.
    Yes by RAW you could argue it (thought TBH the counter arguement is as good if not better) but be realistic about it most people wouldnt like it and i certainly wont be pulling that on people.
    I wasn't suggesting "pulling" it on people... just suggesting that, according to actual rules, it's legal, and again... not game-breaking.

Also i dont see whats different about purchasing weapons from the list section rather than the armoury. You are still buying them a weapon. Have you looked in the new dark angels codex aswell? From what i remember all options are listed in the troops army list section.
    Another thing... would a Chaplain purchasing duo Lightning Claws lose his Crozius? I say, no. Would a Librarian purchasing the same lose his Force Weapon? Also, I say no. He is buying extra gear, he doesn't lose the gear he has.

Have you read the Eldar codex, with the Eldar Autarch? If everything followed the way you're perceiving the rules, then the Autarch, as a rule, is already illegal, because he's able to be equipped with three weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakdoi
    Eather way its a sad day when a single lasgun makes or breaks an army.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!
    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; June 1st, 2007 at 03:17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast