Marine bikers w/CC weaps - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marine bikers w/CC weaps

If you have a Sgt geared with a fist or an HQ, can they get the bonus 1 Attack for having a CC weapon? Do they shoot with the Twin Linked bolters when firing normally if they are geared as such?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

If I'm not mistaken, the +1 attack happens when you have 2 weapons (bolt pistol & powerfist) so I reckon you need to give your model both.

Now, as for shooting, but I'm not entirely sure about this one; shooting happens with the TL-bolter AND you can opt to fire with your pistol.

I am pretty sure anyone will come by this thread and know more on this. I have another question. If I'd give my model on the bike a bolter instead of a pistol. Would that mean I get a TL bolter shot and a normal bolter shot?

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    I am pretty sure anyone will come by this thread and know more on this. I have another question. If I'd give my model on the bike a bolter instead of a pistol. Would that mean I get a TL bolter shot and a normal bolter shot?
    no bikers can only shoot 1 weapon per rider

so normal bikers, one weapon, attack bikes 2
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Yeah it would be pretty hard for a marine to ride a bike without any free hands to actually control the thing. Hey look force commander, no hands!

Also im sure the bike mounted bolters do not count as a hand held weapon so you would never get the 1+ attack bonus if you had a powerfist or something like it.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Also im sure the bike mounted bolters do not count as a hand held weapon so you would never get the 1+ attack bonus if you had a powerfist or something like it.
    From what I can tell, in previous editions of 40K/codex, the rules required a model riding a bike to use one hand at all times to steer the thing, and his other hand could have a hth weapon. So no bonus in hth.

In the current addition of 40K, however, there is no such rule (that I am aware of). It has been ommitted completely. Thus, there is nothing stopping you from equipping a sergeant on a bike with a powerfist and a bolt pistol, for the extra attack (AFTER you have already rapid-fired your bike mounted twin linked boltgun before you charge). You would probably need to make absolute sure that he has been equipped with 2 hth weapons, however (so your average bike riding grunt won't get this option).

Effectively all a bike upgrade does is grant bonuses not unlike those given by, say, a jumppack. Like the ability to move further, (and over difficult terrain), you get to also move further, you get the turboboost ability, and you can fire any guns mounted on the bike with no penalty to movement/assault. You also get a toughness bonus. It does not, however, restrict the number of hth weapons you may be armed with.

The only exception to this is chaos bikes (I think its specifically mentioned in their codex, altough that will change really soon i'm sure). They get an extra attack anyway, so thats not a problem.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Ok here is the current bike rules.

Like Cadaver mentioned, there is no rule in 4th edition that states that your bikers need to have 1 hand on the bike to steer. They have become so skilled at riding (the White Scars anyways...what do those Ravenwing people know of skill....) that they can steer with their knees/feet/psychic energy ect.

So this being the case, for a SM player, any HQ that you have on a bike or any sergeant will get the extra attack for having 2 CCWs (say a powerfist and a pistol) on the charge. As far as I know there is now way for regular bikers to get 2 CCW's at the moment.

Also, as mentioned before, the TL bolters that are mounted on the bike fire as if stationary, even if the unit moved. So they can always fire 1x @ 24" or 2x @ 12" and still charge! However, if you biker is carrying a ranged weapon, say a plasmagun or meltagun, they do not count as stationary when shooting. So a biker firing a plasmagun would not be able to charge since it is rapid fire, while a biker firing a meltagun could still charge as the meltagun is an assault weapon.

And finally, you may only fire as many weapons as their are people per bike. So your biker carrying a meltagun can either fire the TL-Bolters or can fire his meltagun, not both. However your attack bikes can fire both weapons, as their are 2 crew members.

Hoped that helped clear things up.

+ Reply to Thread