Terminators vs normal knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terminators vs normal knights

Hey guys, I didn't really wanted to post this in the army list section because it's not a real army yet.

Here's the situation.

I have 2 squads of 10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, each with 2 special weapons (can choose between plasma or melta) and each in a Chimera.

Now, I need to choose between terminators or a normal squad of GK to make it till 750 points.

So in addition to the 2 chimeras and 20 stormies, i could have a BC with 5 or 6 terminators or a BC with 10 normal Grey Knights.

Which one should I buy first to make my starter army complete?

A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

normal GK, you get more shots and attacks (me thinks)

and don't you need an HQ for a legal force?, ya might wanna put that into consideration before getting more troops.
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I think you should deffinately add the PAGK, terminators are to expensive until you get near 1500 points. If you filled up with terminators you would only get 25 models in your game. A space marine player will have about 30, and they will for the most part be better as most of your guys are storm troopers. If you use meltas and plasmas to hunt vehicles and low saves, and PAGK to take down hordes you should have a pretty balanced list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I would go with a BC as your HQ. Then get a 8-10 man PAGK squad. Like nichodemus10 said you should play with terminators around 1500 point and up.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDutch View Post
    a BC with 10 normal Grey Knights.
    the one i quoted is the one you should use. Much better for some key reasons.

More Shooting damage pre-assault. and more attacks in combat. A lot of armys can dice through terminators fast, so at this point level, you most likely want quantity of troops over quality. (in 1250 or over is in my oppinion, when you should include terminators, and your talking to someone who used terminators in a good portion of my games for a long time in 1000pts or below. since the middle of april i have stopped and seen some improvement..

INQ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regular GKs for sure. GKTs have a purpose but at lower points levels they suck up too many points to be worth it. use em at like 1500+, except maybe vs necrons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your replies!

You answered my suspicions in unison, however I wasn't sure yet but now I think I'll get grey knights.

One thing though, what does the PA stand for in PAGK? (dumb question maybe:cry
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PA stands for power armored. the standard grey knights. used to distuinguidh from the terminator wearing knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The term 'PAGK' means Power-Armor Grey Knights. The distinction is made to distinguish between GK HQs, GK Terminators, Troop-slot GKs (PAGK), and Fast Attack-slot GKs (FAGK), who are all types of Grey Knights that follow the Grey Knight Special Rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay! Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. June 12th, 2007, 20:20