First timer needs help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First timer needs help.

Hiya everyone. I just started getting into the game and I've ordered a few models, I'm just wanting to know wat is a good starting group to learn the rules and go from there thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Welcome to Librarium Online!

The best way to start a Space Marine army is put together a Combat Patrol force. That's 400 to 500 points worth of Marines that doesn't allow any vehicles with an armor values greater than 33 total (that's front+side+rear) or any models with more than 2 wounds. The only required unit is 1 selection from the Troops section of your army list--the rest is up to you.

Combat Patrol battles are quick and don't require too many troops, so there's not much investment and you get plenty of experience in a hurry. It will give you an idea about how the game mechanics work, which also allows you to guage your army's strengths and weaknesses and determine what weapons, tactics, and special rules you want to take advantage of as you increase your model collection and move on to larger battles.

Do a "search" in the Army Lists section to turn up plenty of examples of a SM Combat Patrol force.

The Space Marine Battle Force boxed set is a great start--and is almost 500pts on the nose if you include all the models and a few basic upgrades like heavy/special weapons and a veteran sgt.

Good luck.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would also recommend that you ease into the terrain rules slowly. Start with just one or two pieces of difficult terrain on a small board. If you follow Grotstompa's recommendation then stay to a board no bigger then 3x3 so you can get your troops into action fast. Wait until you have the basics down before you look at rules enhancements like Cities of Death as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread