Chapter Theme? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chapter Theme?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapter Theme?

Ok so its time to start the new SM chapter in my army collection. I have been bouncing back and for between two ideas and a couple of color schemes. The break down is like this:
    Spartan Marines:
    Smaller force, highly elite, some fun conversions (company champion with broom head helm and power saber + sword, scouts with shields and power spears, etc etc) You get the basic idea, im thinking very light on vehicles for this force because of Spartan doctrine, a golden color scheme with flowing red as elite color (capes, banners, shoulder markings)

Air Assault Marines
    Think Apocalypse Now in 40k. This army is based heavily around a converted landspeeder idea I found in GW France:
    http://fr.games-workshop.com/40k/space_marines/modelisme/landspeeder/sirocco.asp
    This army would replace all rhinos and razorbacks with these landspeeder converts, included would be several normal speeders as “gunships” and then there would be armed versions of the transport speeder (think huey/Blackhawk door gunners) armed with a wide variety of weapons. No LC (power source is 2 heavy) but lots of rockets, missiles and guns) Maybe even replace the tanks with speeders? oh and if anyone knows where i can find 40k scale speakers that would be amazing to go along with this theme. Thinking a mentor like color scheme, maybe red again as accent color?

Oh and just for fun,
    BUCKEYES (im an ohio state university student)
    Unknown theme in conversion but a red color scheme with grey helms and stripes, white accent.

Open to any and all suggestions and combonations. I want to know what my fellow players think. any furthur paint schemes or random theme ideas are also appriciated.

O

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

I can see that we're ging to be bitter enemies, you and I...
    You being Sparta and me being Persia & all that.

Take the Spartan ones, tough up your men and make them glorious per man, and you've got a good thing happening. The assault Marines are done to death and the Buckeyes one is a bit too far open. Beware the army of unknown theme, it really makes a mess (before I switched to being Persian, I did't know WHERE I got my names, appearances, and schemes from...)

SPARTAAAAAAAA FTW.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

i like this mobile rhino idea! not terribly fluffy, but very cool!

1 little tip: whatever paint scheme you use, make the undersides of the speeders light blue. When these vesssels are coming down you want to give thim a change to make it planetside and not get blown up by flak!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread