Newcomer questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

Newcomer questions.

I'm new here, and although I've dabbled in 40k a little in the past I've stuck to it for any period of time and want to get into the full swing of things.

I've been playing around with painting some Space Marines but I still haven't been able to find a chapter I like, or that will work well for me, I love the heat of the battle but always see my forces getting mowed down by long range attacks.

So my questions to you are: Any chapters with good traits that allow for good close combat but able to withstand fire.

And would it be effective (or even advisable) but I succumb to my dislike for vehicles and stick to an all-man force?

2. Remove Advertisements

SW England
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

411 (x8)

ok typical assault chapters are:

Blood angels (codex currently being released in WD) - typically loaded with death company with jump packs, no real need to use vehicles, although baal class pred is always favoured

Space wolves - vikings, not particularly fast but very powerfull, larger squads of blood claws tends to give them more resiliance

Black templars - big squads, tends to stay away from vehicles appart from land raider crusaders, shooting the infantry only makes it come at you faster!

Raven guard/trait with assault squads as elites - loads of jump pack troops, by loading up troops with scouts you can get in there fast and no real dependance on vehicles

Bikes trait - few models but pretty damn fast

hope that helps
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread