Which Heavy Support combo is better in a tourney..? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Heavy Support combo is better in a tourney..?

Hi all,

Helping my friend out to sort out his Dark angels to being a bit more competitive as he always looses out. His new list is pretty much anti-troop assault oriented with a full squad of assault marines with an interrogator chaplain leading them and a teleporting assault termie squad.

For troops he has two tac squads split into four combat squads, two of them got lascannons.

Now for HS, it is a toss up between either 10 devastators with 4 plasma cannons, and a predator annihilator for anti-tank, or 10 devastators with 4 missile launchers and a vindicator for anti-personell and fear factor.

Which is better in his army do you think?

He has lots of pretty much every model in the army list. I guess he has about 10000pts or so of DA, and a few army boxes unassembled lying around, so feel free to suggest almost anything, but mostly regarding the HS..

THanks

Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please correct me if im wrong..if his assault termies deep-strike, lets say on turn two...b4 he's had a chance to dwindle his oppnents army..their just gunna get shredded sitting out in the open cause they cant move....i've seen it happen b4...2+ saves dont mean the world.

Just my 2 cents.

--Rock

3000 pts of DA.
    3500 pts of Relictors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

My personal list right now runs a Vindicator and a Predator Destructor w/ LC sponsons. I would have to say the plasma cannon/pred is the best choice, as the vindi is very very very unreliable (yet I still use it in all my lists...). Also, he may want to try 4 Lascannon (expensive, I know) Dev Sqauds, or 2 Predators.

-J

I'm back.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

So far I've found that a pair of Predator Destructors with heavy bolter sponsons are your best bet for Heavy Support when it comes to a Dark Angels army. In my opinion, anti tank weapons should be fielded only on Land Speeders, Terminators or Tactical/Devastator Squads. Razorbacks with twin linked lascannons would probably do better.

So, here's how I'd ensure that your friend gets some anti tank firepower in his army.

2 10 man Tactical Squads with Fist, plasma and lascannon, plus a Razorback with twin linked lascannon.

1 10 man Devastator Squad with 2 missile launchers and 2 lascannons

2 Land Speeders with multi meltas

Those options should keep your shooting fairly mobile while still having the punch needed to bring down heavy vehicles.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DA_THE_ROCK : Well it sort of depends where you deep strike you know. You don´t have to deep strike in the middle of the board or at the rear. Along an edge where the opponents is weak, and behind cover is a sneaky way of doing it. It´s always a gamble though.

Katie : I too prefer antitank on personell and vice versa. However razorbacks is about the only thing he doesn´t have, so that´s out. 10 devastators with lascannon/ML and two predator destructors might be a good idea though!
    Currently painting The Pink Slaughter (Slaanesh CSM), Waaaaagh Bigtoof (Orks) for 40k/OnePage40k and UCM Ferrum 2nd for Dropzone Commander.
    Gallery:http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/us...tiebestie.html

+ Reply to Thread