HELP me beat a khorne army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

HELP me beat a khorne army

ok im playing agaisnt a friend who plays khorne,and i keep losing, it really makes me mad so i want to be able to beat him next time we play*

my army is posted near the top of the army list forum,so you can see it here.

He has 2 squads of 8 khorne berserkers
    8 bloodletters
    1 chaos lord on juggernaut
    a 5 man devastator squad
    a predator with 3 LC
    a defiler with indirect fire
    and something else which he is keeping as a secret

We will play in 1500 pts,we will calculate victory points by adding the point cost of what we killed and the point cost of what wr have left
    +300 points for the objective,which are ruins in the middle of the map

There is a LOT of cover,a lot

so please go check out my army list and tell me what to change if anything and what strategy if should use to defeat him

-A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, if you really wanted help, you'd post your army list here too. For easy access...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

load up on weapons that takes his saves away like plasma, battle cannons, plasma, bassie, plasma, lascannons,...did I mention plasma.

Don't try to out fight him, just out shoot him. Keep the heck away from him to avoid CC and just shoot what you can. Stay out of CC.
    Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by svalene View Post
    ok im playing agaisnt a friend who plays khorne,and i keep losing, it really makes me mad so i want to be able to beat him next time we play*

my army is posted near the top of the army list forum,so you can see it here.

He has 2 squads of 8 khorne berserkers
    8 bloodletters
    1 chaos lord on juggernaut
    a 5 man devastator squad
    a predator with 3 LC
    a defiler with indirect fire
    and something else which he is keeping as a secret

We will play in 1500 pts,we will calculate victory points by adding the point cost of what we killed and the point cost of what wr have left
    +300 points for the objective,which are ruins in the middle of the map

There is a LOT of cover,a lot

so please go check out my army list and tell me what to change if anything and what strategy if should use to defeat him
    From your army list, you should drop the stormtroopers and buy more veterans. They're more cost effective. Next, stop Infiltrating the Veterans. Get them Drop Troops and deepstrike them all over his tanks. That's the best way to get the most out of your meltaguns.

Drop the Sanctioned Psykers, they're more or less worthless. Instead I suggest Special Weapon teams as a doctrine. Runs brilliantly with Drop Troops. With the points saved by Turning the Stormtroopers (shock troops as you've called them) into another unit of veterans you can purchase a special weapons team with a Demo Charge for 45pts. Very cheap, and if it lands on target it's unbelievably nasty. I had one of my own recently wipe out 200+ points worth of Dark Reapers, an excellent return on a 45pt investment.

From the HQ drop the plasmapistol and guns. Instead turn the Officer into a Junior Officer and buy him an Honourifica Imperialis, and upgrade a Guardsman to a standard bearer. This will provide you with much much better LD. It is imperative that this unit survives. Make sure you hide them and don't let them get stuck in a fight.

------------------

Army list critiques aside, This Khorne heavy list seems extremely weak from my previous experiences, it really shouldn't be giving you any trouble.

I believe the problem lies in the amount of terrain you're using. You did say that you were using a large amount of terrain, I suggest you cut it back to about 30-35% of the table. That provides plenty of stuff to hide behind and still allows for a fun game where you can actually shoot stuff. The recommended level of terrain suggested by GW is 25% of the table.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Yeah in the table i play on theres from 40 to 50 percent thzat is coevered by ruined buildings,craters,ruins or forests.As this table is not totally mine (me and 3 other people made it) i don't really control all the terain,and they don't want to change it as they say tourny gamed are that way.

Second you said i should drop the Plasma guns in my command squad? cause i was thinking about doing some rapid fire with it,then do close order drill and charge the enemy squad,striking at the same time as them.

Why is it so important my command squad does not die?does it cause some moral penalty to the rest of my army like a tau ethereal

And i really think infiltrate is more effective than deep strike as i can hide behind some cover until his rhinos pass by and then light them up,while deep striking would take up a few turns and there is a good chance he reaches me before they get here.

however you do have a point that deep striking the veterans instead of the stormtroopers(i was writing shock troopers because it is the literal translation from their name in my french codex),cheaper and more meltaguns.

I will indeed drop my psychers

and do you think i should replace my hellhound by a Basilisk with indirect fire?
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recomend heavy amounts of rough riders. It always works for me. For 11 points you get a very fast moving unit that will take away his armor saves. Just relize they are a one time use unit after their lances are gone they can just tie up other units unless you equip a couple with melta guns and send them after the tanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Record with my Necrons
    W:2 D:0 L:0
    2st game: vs Chaos result: Win :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

79 (x2)

Unfortunately i have no rough riders figurine ;(

Something else

I am told that i shouldn't equip my command squads with plasma weapons or power weapons for some rapid firing goodness because it is preferable to give high morale to my units.

However i have also seen many people say that i should spread out my units as to prevent the khorne berserkers or bloodletters from charging another unit right after having finished off another,however my units must be 12 feet or closer to my command unit to receive the benefit of my Banner and command squad

those 2 strategies seem to be contradictory {confused}

Also,for the 45 point special weapon suicide unit,they seem to be very hit or miss as they could very well get charged before getting a chance to throw the charge,and the charge could miss and fall on my own squad.there seems to be only 1/2 chance that they actually hit the enemy squad
    Last edited by Svalene; June 12th, 2007 at 20:14.
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if there is as much cover as you say there is use it to your advatage by 1. Always geting some kind of save (something guard are not known for) 2. striking first in hand to hand (or at the same time if he has frags) 3. slowing down his move into you by geting him stuck in cover after he kills off a unit. Have you thought of conscripts with an indi commissar? sounds funny but they never run away and you can tie up a unit that is a huge trouble for you. Beter to give up a 200 point unit then loss 3 or 4 of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Record with my Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also a Baskalis is a good way to negate their armor save. The ap3 is great or if you drop it onto their defiler it works well too just dont get into a tank to tank fight its not something its made to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Record with my Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by svalene View Post
    Unfortunately i have no rough riders figurine ;(

Something else

I am told that i shouldn't equip my command squads with plasma weapons or power weapons for some rapid firing goodness because it is preferable to give high morale to my units.

However i have also seen many people say that i should spread out my units as to prevent the khorne berserkers or bloodletters from charging another unit right after having finished off another,however my units must be 12 feet or closer to my command unit to receive the benefit of my Banner and command squad

those 2 strategies seem to be contradictory {confused}

Also,for the 45 point special weapon suicide unit,they seem to be very hit or miss as they could very well get charged before getting a chance to throw the charge,and the charge could miss and fall on my own squad.there seems to be only 1/2 chance that they actually hit the enemy squad
    Well mate, you seem to forget that the Emperor's Imperial Guard get a blessed device known as a "comm link" which lets your units use your commander's moral from anywhere on the table, regardless of how close the are to him (your commander). Hence you can keep your commander in the rear, far away from the action, and still have all your units be spread out and use his morale.

Also, I can't seem to find your list, anyone mind giving me a link to it? I'll give you my opinion on what you should do once I find the blighter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast