Pintle-mounted SB on my Chimera worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

19 (x1)

Pintle-mounted SB on my Chimera worth it?

Question: <read title>

I have lots of guards but I wanna mix it with Daemonhunters now, and DH will be my main army so I can't take the heavy stubber upgrade (i think) but still you guys can help me with my chimeras

See, I'm gonna have some plasma-carryin' Inquisitorial Stormtroopers mounted in a chimera. Chimera with multi-laser, heavy bolter, smoke and extra armor. I just bought my first ever chimera. And I am asking you, what you think, wether or not a pintle-mounted StormBolter is worth it on my Chimera

I ain't glueing it until I know for sure, though Im seriously considering getting a bunch of extra turrets from somewhere and get one of each for this chimera, so I can swap to switch strategies.

P.S. I'll be running at least 2 chimeras minimum, and at higher points also a Leman Russ. So It's not gonna be the only thing the enemy AT can shoot at.

Last edited by MisterDutch; June 12th, 2007 at 20:24.
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

2. Remove Advertisements

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

301 (x7)

Assuming the pintle storm bolter costs the same for demonhunters as for IG, I would say, make sure you have everything else you want in your army list first.

I mean, its a storm bolter or another plasmagun!

So on the surface, I would say, not really worth it.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Barcelona, Spain
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Personally, I don't like PMSB's. While they have similarly crappy stats as the chimera's other guns (thus they like the same targets), their range is much shorter and this can cause problems. Plus, they're wickedly expensive for what they do.

I think it also depends on what you want your chimera to be doing. If they're meant to be discrete transports that zip up under the enemy's radar, before unloading the deadly cargo in your opponent's face, then I would keep the guns (and points cost) down. But, if you're going to be using it as a light tank, and you don't mind making your infantry footslog it, then it might help to increase its firepower, its cost, and ultimately the attention it's going to receive.

Personally, I LOVE the heavy stubber :wub: - sucks that you can't take it! It's got the same range as the chimera's other guns, and more shots than a storm bolter. I also prefer to use my chimera's as anti-infantry tanks, rather than stealthy transports...
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

+ Reply to Thread