Newbie to this forum and have some questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie to this forum and have some questions

Hey guys

Decided to get back into gaming after a 7 year break. Now just to warn you I do not do things small some of my last armies include a whole death wing company and dark angles third company, a full imperial gaurd regiment (paint as the blue bloods) with leman russ tank company including a bane blade.

Now for my next project I was thinking of an imperial fist set in the horus heracy times. Now the problem I have is I cant remember how the legions were set up or what Rogon Dorn (or however that name is spelt) had for battle (ie power armour or old school termi suit)

The thunder halk will arrive soon (should be an interest centre peace)

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Welcome to LO!

If you can't do "small" then you're going to choke on the price tag of a big army. 7 years of price hikes will do that to you, eventually.

Glad you have the $$$ for it, though.

Rogal Dorn was never specified as having worn a particular kind of armor, but we can surmise that he probably favored Terminator armor since he liked the teleport attack.

You'll REALLY want to use that new GW high-opacity (?) yellow paint if you're doing IF's. Painting yellow is a real PIA. I know. I've got IF's (though not a large army, because I have neither the money, the time, nor the patience to paint them up properly). Not having to do about 4 coats of yellow (while being VERY VERY CAREFUL with any other paint but white) would have made a huge difference. Then again, maybe it's all that TLC that makes me so fond of them.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well, I would say take him in terminator suits, and I have some old terminators (4-5) and assault termie's too (5 LC, 1 TH/SS) that I don't use. Good luck and I hope your chapter comes out well.

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers guys

I am bricking painting the thunder halk though I am ok at painting but I havnt done any for a long time

Unfortunatly I didnt keep any pic's of my previous achivments (stupid me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say Terminator armour, that seems to be the favourite for lots of fluff, assuming he couldn't teleport in power armour. And it also fits his 'fortified' theme for his army... The actual Legion is organized pretty much like a Chapter, except they had it all on a HUGE scale, and they had entire fleets of the Navy under their command.
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I will scan through the horus heacy books but then I am not sure if they had him in armour think he spent most of the time in robes. Oh did all the 31st millenium power armour have beak helmets or was that the much earlier ones?

+ Reply to Thread