Needle Pistol.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Needle Pistol....

I'm curious as to what is the point of a needle pistol?
    From the looks of things it couldn't penetrate any vehicles armour (not even a sentinel).. is this just a weapon that has been lost over the generations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It's one of the hold-overs from 2nd ed when nearly every sort of weapon had a pistol, rifle and heavy version.

The needle pistol is just quirky, and only really taken to the field on any regularity by the eversor assassin. The daemon- and witch hunter armies evoke a lot of elements from 2nd ed 40k.

I'm moving this to the daemonhunters forum, since it's not really a rules question.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

You're right, the Needle Pistol can not pen or even glance against any vehicles. But what it can do is wound ANY non-vehicle model. The Needle Pistol always wounds on a 4+, so whether the target has a toughness of 4 or 10, the Needle Pistol will wound it on a 4+. It's not an overly huge weapon as the target still gets a save, but it does have the potential to take down Monstrous creatures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Well, it's essentially a sniper rifle without the to-hit bonus, no? So it'd be good for Monstrous Creatures -- or really any high-toughness unit. Also, it's way cheap, at least for Daemonhunters.

*Shrugs*

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

haha and here i thought if i put it in the DH forum it would be moved to the rules section.

Okay so it is an old gun, but could be useful on an =][= or such that is going monster hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    Okay so it is an old gun, but could be useful on an =][= or such that is going monster hunting
    Yeah, sorta. Honestly, a Plasma Pistol is probably a more effective choice for any T8 or less beasties thanks to that AP2. (above T8, even plasma starts to have major difficulty hurting stuff) The auto-wound roll from the needle pistol is cool, but relying on a failed (often quite good) save with just one shot is exceedingly hit-or-miss. Mind you, there's still that overheating nastyness (fixable with Sages), not to mention triple the price tag... Your choice, really.

Personally, my favourite choice for monster hunting is almost always either a Grandmaster with appropriate gear or an Eversor Assassin - the GM's Force Weapon only needs to make one wound, and the Eversor is easily capable of eating a Carnifex or Wraithlord for lunch in one charge.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. June 15th, 2007, 18:30