Inquisator with Space Wolves?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inquisator with Space Wolves??

Hey everybody, i was thinking of adding an inquisitor and an assassin to my existing Space Wolves army. I know it is a bit un-fluffy but i think it is definitely possible for Space Wolves and an Inquisitor to team up. The reason for doing this is because i love the models and could do some cool conversions, I think it would be a powerful addition to my force, and i think i could write some cool fluff to explain it. So what do you think of the idea, cool or lame??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff wise, the Inquisition and the Space Wolves have always been uneasy with the Inquisition constantly looking over them for following an unorthodox codex.

Of course fluff wise, you use the Space Wolves as allies to the Inquisitor. You can say that the Inquisitors called for backup and the Space Wolves responded.

It just would be a really un fluffy thing IMO.
    Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But i could see a less radical (and smarter IMHO) inquisitor teaming up with the wolves against some massive Daemon invasion or something similar to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true and it would have to be one heck of a radical. Since the release of the eye of terror and the re-emergence of the 13th Company, the Inquisition has been really on the Space Wolves.

But a radical Inquisitor will take away the grey knights...but then you should still be able to take inducted guards.

But it's your game and your call netherless...
    Where the heck did all them guardsmen come from?

Great Wolf! Is that the howl of the 13th?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I have used inquisitors with my Space wolves, in the past. Some things to consider though.
    Grey knights are pricy pricy, pricy. and don't always function well with space wolves(kinda fluffy even).

The GKs really don't fill anything "special" that the wolves need.
    GKs are excellent close combat, HIGH quality units. while Wolves already REALLY do well in CC. GKs bring medium ranged fire to the table, Wolves ALREADY have that handicap.
    The only real tactical reason to bring GKs to the table is "becuase its fun" and there's nothing wrong with that, just realize what they CAN and CAN'T do for your army.

Inquisitor/assasins: In the olden days, when you could "just" put an assasin in an Imperial army as an elites, there was no reason NOT to take one if you felt it helps your army.
    Nowadays, you have to have an inquisitor "anchoring" your assasin there. You need to make a judgement as to what you want your assasin to do, and is it worth the cost.
    To "just" add your assasin, you need to consider the cost of the inquisitor in there as well as both one of points cost but as well as "slots" as well. Even though the space wolves HQ slots scale, you're still taking HQ or elites slots as you take that inquisitor, AND another elites for that assasin. Elites and HQs are VERY valuable to the space wolves. Consider what you are giving up for this simply by allying.

As far as opinion on how it "fits" with the space wolves, there's always a good fluff reason someone can come up with to add an inquisitor. For example read the second book in the space wolf omnibus.

There is a LOT of very fluffy reasons as to why an INQ and SW army would pair up, just because the INQ has a history of bugging the wolves, it doesn't mean the wolves still aren't a part of the Imperium and won't help if called upon them.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread