New To Forum need advice on 2500Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New To Forum need advice on 2500Army List

I have drawn up an army list to take on all comers, The aim would be to draw the enemy towards my front line. To my flank i will have a carrot in the form of three elite units (all drop units) 1 Leman Russ Vanquisher and 1 Leman Russ Exterminator and 2 Hellhound units. These units will be very tempting for any opposition so i would ensure that the Basilisk would cover the route towards these units.

The aim is make the oppsition either split its units and engage my front and elite units which would give my basilisk time to pound them or they could ignore and attack allowing me to smash into there flank or to choose selected targets to hammer?

I will be up against Tyranids, Necrons and Eldar mainly soon.

What do you think of my Army can i improve it? i am short on man power so the elite units with heavy support would be key to my came plan.

Imperial Guard - Cadian7th (2455pts)

Doctrines:
    Drop Troops
    Iron Discipline
    Light Infantry
    Veterans
    Close Order Drill
    HQ

Junior Officer
    Bolt Pistol / Power Weapon, Iron Discipline, Honorifica Imperialis, Standard Bearer
    (87pts) w/ 4 x Guardsmen each w/Plasma Guns (40pts)

Fire Support Squad (Light Infantry) 6 x Guardsmen making up 3 heavy weapon crews
    3 x Heavy Bolters (90pts)

Fire Support Squad (Light Infantry) 6 x Guardsmen making up 3 heavy weapon crews
    3 x Autocannons (105pts)

Anti Tank Squad (Light Infantry) 6 x Guardsmen making up 3 heavy weapon crews
    3 x Autocannons (105pts)

Anti Tank Squad (Light Infantry) 6 x Guardsmen making up 3 heavy weapon crews
    3 x Lascannons (120pts)

TROOPS
    Junior Officer (Light Infantry)
    Iron Discipline, Bolter, (56pts) w/ 4 x Guardsmen each w/Plasma Guns (40pts)

SQUAD 1: 1 x Vet Sgt w/Lap pistol & Stormbolter & 2 x 3 Guardsmen Crew
    w/Autocannons & 3 x Guardsmen w/Plasma Guns.
    SQUAD 2: 1 x Vet Sgt w/Lap pistol & Las gun & 2 x 3 Guardsmen Crew
    SQUAD 3: 1 x Vet Sgt w/Lap pistol & Las gun & 2 x 3 Guardsmen Crew

TROOPS
    Junior Officer (Light Infantry) Iron Discipline, Bolter, 4 Guardsman w/Plasma Guns (96pts)

SQUAD 1: 1 x Vet Sgt w/Lap pistol & Stormbolter & 2 x 3 Guardsmen Crew
    w/Lascannon & 3 x Guardsmen w/Plasma Guns.
    SQUAD 2: 1 x Vet Sgt w/Lap pistol & Las gun & 2 x 3 Guardsmen Crew
    SQUAD 3: 1 x Vet Sgt w/Lap pistol & Las gun & 2 x 3 Guardsmen Crew
    ELITES

5 x Veterans (Drop Troops)
    3 x Plasma Guns
    1 with Lasgun
    Vet Sgt: Plasma Pistol & Close Combat Weapon
    (85pts)

3 x Melta Guns
    1 with Lasgun
    (85pts)

3 x Melta Guns
    1 with Lasgun
    (85pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Basilisk Indirect Fire, Hull w/Heavy Bolters, Improved Communication, Infernus Shells (155pts)

Leman Russ Tank ‘Vanquisher’ Hull w/Heavy Bolters, w/Slick Crew + Extra Armour (185pts)

Leman Russ Tank ‘Exterminator’ TL Autocannons, 3 x Heavy Bolters & Heavy Stubber + Extra Armour (160pts)

Fast Attack

2 x HellHound, Turret inferno cannon, Hull w/Heavy Bolter, Search light, Smoke, Extra Armour, Pintle Heavy Stubber (272pts)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Advice?
    Never give up, Never surrender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my firs suggestion would be to put this in the army list section which is at the top of the ig page.

2nd guardsmen squads cannot have 3 plasma guns only 1 special Vetrans can take 3 special weapons

3rd guardsmens squads can only have 1 heavy weapon

4th you might find that the exterminater can only be used in Armoured company because it is no longer in the codex

5th on your HQs get a medic and drop a plasma to deal with over heats

NOT TO BE MEAN but i would check and makes sure you have the correct guard codex and i would suggest reading threw it again. also i am pretty sure the vanquisher is also illegal for heavy tanks we only get Lemen russ main battle tank. lemen russ demolisher and the basalise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    169 (x4)

working backwards on your posted army list.

i'd drop the smoke on your hellhounds, you should be firing every turn, and probably even the heavy stubber although that's just a question of extra points being thrown around (personally i think points can be put to better use).

also, although this i'm unsure of myself, but you'll want to make sure for your tank that you use choices authorized for use in a regular ig armor and not a ac as grim said (i wouldn't know i don't bother with anything from it. though valks and baneblades have caught my eye and i have seen people use them in other games).

as grim said, for all your infantry squads, you can only give one special weapon and one heavy weapon to each squad. also, i would drop one plasma gun per command squad and add in a medic to allow you a slight better survival odd to overheating (personally i wouldn't bother with massed plasma in the bs4 units). at most, i'd say use one of the three with flamers (i do) and deep strike them as well, they're cheap and when they do land in the right spot, you burn a bunch of guys. the other two squads should be for leadership purposes and staying out of sight for that reason, so maybe just a mortar, also drop the bolters.

i'd drop the lascannons in the guard squads for missile launchers as you already have 3 autocannons in the other ones. if you feel you need more anti-tank, i'd sqitch one vet squad to meltaguns and if you need even more add a second anti tank support squad of lascannons, while you're at that, give your lascannon squad sharpshooters as well as all you heavy weapon support squads, they put it to good use.

which brings to an illegal choice, you are only allowed 0-2 fire support squads, and there you have 2 autocannon squads and 1 heavy bolter squad. if you need to switch one your autocannon squads to a missile squad or drop one of the three altoghter. you can always add in a special weapon squad with a demo charge and flamers to add to the deep striking brigade of suicide squads. personnally i use two heavy bolter squads over autocannon support, those i keep in my line, with one lascannon squad.

i'd drop your hq officer's bolt pistol and power weapon and upgrade him to a heroic senior officer while giving one of the other officers honorifica to give you a large leadership aura coverage, even if only half of it has the standard bearer. shrug on iron discipline, if you have hso/honorifica and standard i've had games where in that coverage squads didn't fall back at all as they whittled to wiped out.

really in hindsight, i can never critique on other armies without trying to format them to somewhat like mine. because like every person thinks about their own army, the choices you made for yours were the best ones.

...A blog that's mostly about Infinity, but sometimes other stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread