Scions of Mars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scions of Mars

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scions of Mars

Well... I need to know lots about this demented trait.
    All of these questions are aimed to the terminator armour for 1 wound models rule the trait allows which leaves much conflict with other rules in the book, not at all about the techmarine part.

1. available to 1 wound models, yes, but where did it say before that it wasn't?

2. you need to be a seargeant to have access to it in the first place, although this costs x amount of points and that means that getting the t.armour would end up costing 5 points more than what it costs independent characters with more than one wound.

3. Furthermore you get no weapons with your armour so does that mean that a termy armoured seargeant needs to buy hisn standard termy weaps making him cost 55+ points o.0 unless you can keep the standard bolter or bolt pistol and ccw.

4. finally the armour comes with honours but you need to get honours to become a searg. so whats with the clutter double up of uneeded honours?

this part of the trait just confuses me further than I already am in my hobby life. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handbag of Joy View Post
    Well... I need to know lots about this demented trait.
    All of these questions are aimed to the terminator armour for 1 wound models rule the trait allows which leaves much conflict with other rules in the book, not at all about the techmarine part.

1. available to 1 wound models, yes, but where did it say before that it wasn't?
    That was a misprint in the Wargear Charts. It should have read "xx/-" instead of "xx".

2. you need to be a seargeant to have access to it in the first place, although this costs x amount of points and that means that getting the t.armour would end up costing 5 points more than what it costs independent characters with more than one wound.
    Yes. But is not restricted to Sergeants. Command Squad Characters with access to the Armory may take advantage of this option as well.

3. Furthermore you get no weapons with your armour so does that mean that a termy armoured seargeant needs to buy hisn standard termy weaps making him cost 55+ points o.0 unless you can keep the standard bolter or bolt pistol and ccw.
    Accorfing to RAW (Rules As Written), you may keep your original weapons. However, this goes against the spirit of the upgrade so you could get challenged on it. So I take the appropriate weapons upgrades.

4. finally the armour comes with honours but you need to get honours to become a searg. so whats with the clutter double up of uneeded honours?
    The effects are not cumulative so gain no additional benefit.

this part of the trait just confuses me further than I already am in my hobby life. -.-
    This aspect of the trait was to preserve a unique characteristic of the Iron Hands. It had its problems in 3rd edition and they were not improved upon.

+ Reply to Thread