Grey Knights and Exorcist - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Knights and Exorcist

Hello everyone,

First I would like to to say I am new to the forum and this is my first post,

Anyway I was wondering if there is any kind of army build where I can take Grey Knights and add an Exorcist as a heavy choice. See as the GK's and the WH's are all part of the inqusition I think it makes sense that the different branches would pull there resources. Also I am sourceing the fluff from Ben Counter's Book "Grey Knights".

So is such a build possible and how many could I possibly take?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Very simple: Use a WH base army,and take some GK allies. A unit or two of knights,and plenty of Exorcism to go around. Not to mention plenty of sisters to bulk out the army and back up the knights!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Wumpus View Post
    Very simple: Use a WH base army,and take some GK allies. A unit or two of knights,and plenty of Exorcism to go around. Not to mention plenty of sisters to bulk out the army and back up the knights!
    But, is it tournament legal?
    I see the media and all I see are Heretics....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by DraconKing View Post

......why wouldn't it be? Daemonhunters can be taken as allies in (to my knowledge) every Imperial army. As can Witch Hunters,incidentally.

So yes,it is very tournament legal. Check out the Witch Hunters forum for some army lists to browse through. Bound to be a few including some knights.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

It is very legal, there are a few requirements that need to be filled on the Witch Hunters side, but Grey Knights are one of the main choices for Witch Hunters when it comes down to the need of a close combat unit, that doesn't blow the bank on points or money.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DraconKing View Post
    Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the mightiness that is LO!

I know little of daemon/witch hunters.. so I'm just dropping by to welcome you on board.

Please take a few minutes to scan the forum rules and the like, enjoy your stay, and ask if you have any problems/questions.

Karmoon
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone,

Anyway I was wondering if there is any kind of army build where I can take Grey Knights and add an Exorcist as a heavy choice. See as the GK's and the WH's are all part of the inqusition I think it makes sense that the different branches would pull there resources. Also I am sourceing the fluff from Ben Counter's Book "Grey Knights".

So is such a build possible and how many could I possibly take?

Welcome to the world of tomor... erm Librarium Online.

It's nice to see someone else who's interested in a combination of DH and WH which is not purely to gain a unit of Seraphim. As mentioned, WH has to be your master army with the Grey Knights your assisted to use Exorcists. The only let down is that you won't get to use Dread's or Landraiders but you won't need to as WH have plenty of good Heavy Choices too. Apart from that you still get access to all the best GK units such as Terminators.

To be honest I'm starting to wonder why most players wouldn't want a combo of both army lists as it gives you such a better variety of top units which tighten up each others strengths and fill in each others weaknesses.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

To be honest I'm starting to wonder why most players wouldn't want a combo of both army lists as it gives you such a better variety of top units which tighten up each others strengths and fill in each others weaknesses.
    People like dreadnoughts more then they like exorcists. 2 Long range anti-tank weapons is nice, especially when you consider the wide range of shots that can and don't always come from the exorcist.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you like Dreadnoughts it doesn't mean you have to collect DH only. You just use DH as your core army. I think the reason is mainly down to personal tastes i.e I like the idea of Grey Knights (only), nuns with guns just aren't my thing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Oiad View Post
    It's nice to see someone else who's interested in a combination of DH and WH which is not purely to gain a unit of Seraphim.
    Oh, that's low!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oiad
    Oh, that's easy: Grey Knights are way cooler than Sisters.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. June 30th, 2007, 18:23