Sword Brethren- To Arms! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Sword Brethren- To Arms!

Well, I have recently purchased.. and an in the proces of painting, two sword brethren in Power Armour... and I have been thinking... what would be the best way to arm them?... I kinda want to use them as an awsome Tactical Squad... with bolters... the conversion is quite simple... as I just attah bolters on instead of bolt pistols... so I could always use them as a "counts as".. bolt pistols... but what do you guys think.
    I am thinking of giving them bolters... because I am thinking of using them in a Drop Pod, where the bolters would proove usefull, and have a few bolt pistols, as well as the power fist, and the power weapon... with termie honours of course.
    Anyhow wanted to know what you guys thought.
    Any tactical usage information would be welcome...
    How do I make this unit have bang for its buck?

Cheers!

Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

I personally like them as a CC squad w/ 2xLC and a PWeapon and Furious Charge. Give them all THonors and Frags and you got a 300 point unit but its a CC beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard good things about infiltrating 5 of them with a lascannon to knock out tanks. Also serves as a nice distraction while your 20 man crusader squads are marching towards them.
    Last edited by chinnfrequent; July 2nd, 2007 at 00:55.
    Black Templar (3000)
    Imperial Guard (1500 and growing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've found that if you get a 10 man squad give them termi honors, frag grenades, power fist, power weapon and a rhino , and the furious charge skill they really hurt. they cost a lot but really do alot of damage. i killed a daemon prince, obliterator, raptors, and a squad of berserkers before they got wiped out. they hurt and are certainly worth their points.
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Thanks for the ideas guys...
    just a few things to consider...
    - If I am going to spend SO many points on the squad... why not take SB terminators instead?... I love both models... and the termies have proven themselves countless times.
    As for the Terminator Honours... it makes each guy 39pts!... a terminator, with no good armour save or invulnerable... (unless they are equipped with combat shields...)

However, I would give the termie honours to the guy with the Powerfist... and the other weapon... if its a power weapon... not a meltagun. This would keep the squad cost down.

We also have to consider... now a days, veterans of other chapters (namely DA and BA are cheap...) with TH already included in their profile.

As for the weapons, there are 4 ways they could ride to war... this is for games from 1K to 1700pts...
    Razorback
    Rhino
    Drop Pod
    Land Raider Crusader
    How many, and armed how.. for each situation?

Cheers!
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Templarius View Post
    As for the Terminator Honours... it makes each guy 39pts!... a terminator, with no good armour save or invulnerable... (unless they are equipped with combat shields...)
    You may want to review your codex. Vets with TH does not increase their cost so it's equal to a Terminator.
    Black Templar (3000)
    Imperial Guard (1500 and growing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

wups my bad...

Its 10 points more... less than a termie... ok you get 4 to every 3 termies... but the termies would kick butt.

that is still 9 pts more that any of the other veterans... of course the flexibility of making them individuals is kinda cool.... as you dont have to equip the whole squad.
    Still expensive.
    But workable?
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I would honestly submit that they are the least useful thing we have in the elite choices, as we can get power-armored guys everywhere else in the list except for heavy support... but it seems you like them, so I'll work from there.

What I've been running is very similar to a unit of ork kommandos (strange comparison, I know). I run either a tank-killing 5-man lascannon infiltrating squad, or a 8-man infantry killing squad with LC (or PF) & Power Weapon & furious charge.

The problem here though, is that a unit of normal termies (2 ACs) can do the job better than the lascannon squad, and a unit of assault termies can do the job better than the 8-man squad (Furious Charge), you just have to get them into position, and they cost a bit more. The HQ command squad can also do a pretty nice job with the lascannons/multi-meltas and tank hunting if you need them to.

I find the only use of sword brethren is to confuse the opponent to give your crusader squads time to get into position... that, and use the nice models for squad leaders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

+ Reply to Thread