New Chaos Codex Opinions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think the new Chaos Codex will be like?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • The new codex will crush me.

24 37.50%
  • Ooh, stronger daemons. time to smash.

14 21.88%
  • meh, i don't really care/know.

19 29.69%
  • weaker baddies, what a relief.

10 15.63%
  • the new codex will nerf chaos to an unnaceptable level.

7 10.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

New Chaos Codex Opinions

With a new Chaos codex coming out soon, i was just wondering what people were thinking about it. as always please post explanations with your vote so i can get a little bit more information on what people are thinking

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

I don't like any of the options. they all seem negative. except 'Ohh stronger daemons', which is ironic becuase IMO daemons are the only thing that is being nerfed. There should just be an option like 'I'm happy with the new codex is coming out.' thats what i would pick.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Hang on how did I get in the Chaos forum?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

I'd actually be kinda stoked if they implemented stronger daemons, because that would make a lot of our cooler wargear more practical choices. Unfortunately, I haven't been paying any attention to this new codex, so I have no idea if this will be so or not .

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

The closest thing to my opinion up there is the "nerfed" choice, and that doesn't really reflect how I feel. I don't believe chaos is getting "nerfed" I believe they are actually getting a balance and even stronger; but rather I don't like the direction in which they are taking the chaos codex. I really enjoyed the old legions and want to continue playing them, and I am utterly dissapointed that there is no option to make use of them.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

i have mixed feelings about the new codex... the one thing i do know for sure..

OMFG THOUSAND SONS LISTS! lulz.

thousand sons used to be pretty cool all around, being as costly as a grey knight, but almost more effective, now with the ap3 bolter fire coming our way.... *sigh* i wanted to start thousand sons, nurgle or grey knights. i started grey knights. i was going to do thousand sons some day, and now with the new codex, so many new thousand sons armys will be present that i am thinking against the whole idea now.

there are some things to be feared from the new codex for sure. and i think the main thing to fear is Thousand sons, they can definatly now outshoot us. being able to be mounted in rhino's, they can definatly out manuever us, and with thralls (if they can still have them) and gift of chaos or any shooting psychic power, or a beefed up CC lord or aspirering champion, they can probably beat us in CC as well. a 3+ save and a 4+ inv save leaves our power weapon models not that much more well equiped to deal with these buggers.

with this new codex, dont be surprised when tons of new chaos start to play the game, and you see more lists. sure you may think now that there will not be any more 'unique' lists anymore. but since the codex is now balanced (for the good methinks) im sure some jerk out there will find a way to always come up with original lists.

but that is just my thoughts on the subject.

why did i not vote? cause i didnt like any of the options. i agree with Koss, 'im happy with the new codex that is coming out'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

I voted will crush me. I don't know if that is really true, but I think they are going to have some options that will make our GKs seem less than great. I certainly am afraid of the AP3 bolters that one of the marks is supposed to give with no fast attack to tie up a unit before it shoots. I also think that WS 5 khornate marines aren't really any better than before (really it is an even trade off for the chain axe), but I liked thinking we were more skilled in close combat. More Obliterators, especially with the rumor of plamsa cannons (which can dominate deepstriking troops) is terrifying. And finally cheaper Raptors does not make me happy at all. They just seem to be getting a lot of stuff, and until I know how expensive it is I worry a little bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

Oh and I forgot to add possibly the most scary piece...5 marines in a (cheap) rhino with four plasma guns...will probably only cost 175 points and can dominate terminators and PAGK alike...I know they had the option before, but with the cheaper rhino it seems like it could be devastating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the sheer number of choices available to the CSM will present DaemonHunters and pure GKs with an inability to really be competetive. We might have some isolated victories against daemons, but we're not really that cool against CSM. If they leave their deamons at home much of our uniqueness / specialities will be unused.

Until DaemonHunters become Chaos Hunters the CSM part of the equation will balance in their favor, not ours, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

I am fine with chaos new codex it seems all around better then before and I think you can still have nice armies with it.

- side note: Yeah I think our codex is kinda messed up in that we are supposed to be good vs daemons but we still get owned by most of them in melee combat ( bloodletters, and daemonette ) and while yeah we can slaughter them with psycannons and incinerators most the time we have to lose a squad in melee before doing that since they can be summoned and then move and assault. And while I know GW doesn't like things having weapons that void invuln saves it is kinda sad that we dont have an upgrade for melee weapons that does it, as that would actually be a useful thing to have, seeing as how power weapons do very little to daemons. As for chaos as a whole we only got 1 good item and that is sacred incease, which is great but we have no anti CSM gear except for the power weapon, so I think we need atleast a gun that is ap3 or better and one that is str8 or more as just cause we dont like using tanks doesnt mean we wouldnt know how to kill them or have ways to do. I know it wont happen any time soon but we need to get an update to our codex.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 3rd, 2007, 20:27