Help against Black Templars usuing dark Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help against Black Templars usuing dark Angels

hey guys need help against this Black Templars list:

HQ: Chaplian "Master of Scanity" wtih Holy orb "sry cant spell"
    emperors champion wtih vow accept any challenge no matter the odds

Elites: 5 Assult termies all wit combat shields, claws, and hammers
    5 Sword brethern 1 wit claws others wit cc weapon and bolt pistol
    1 dread wth twin linked las and cc arm with heavy flamer

Troops: 1 tac squad with 5 Initiates sargent with power fist and 3 neofites
    1 tac squad with 6 Initates and 3 Neophites sargent with powerfist
    Heavy: 1 land Raider Crusader

I Usually play a dark angels list against him he always kills me in cc even with all the plasma i have to try and mow him down

Bare with me on stuff i forgot this is my first time posting anything

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Well, interestingly enough, there is a similar thread over on B&C, but I'll give you my two cents worth:

I play BT, and the first thing to winning is to know your enemy. Therefore, you start with the BT, and know that they are fearless in CC, and have the RZ rule. RZ states that they must make a move whenever they lose a guy from a unit, and it's treated just like a massacre move (which means they may move up to d6", and that movement must be towards the nearest enemy unit). There is some confusion on this rule, but this is the way it was played at Adepticon, and is the RAW-supported interpretation. So you basically have a good CC army that can get to you quickly when you shoot at them across the board.

So how do you beat them. If you play a "kill-each-other" mission, I'd set up in a way where you'll shoot a bunch, receive the charge, and then countercharge. So set your army up like that. First, I would use the principle of shoot a single unit to pieces (abusing those neophytes poor armor save whenever you can), and then move on to the next one. I admit this is a bit tauish, but it works wonders on the BT. You do this so that the one target BT unit will outrun the rest of his friends, and then the unit will be unsupported and depleted when he hits your lines. Rinse and repeat as often as you can.

Eventually, he will hit your lines, but the hope is that your guys (and their multiple small combat squads spread evenly across the table 6"+ apart) can weather the initial depleted charge , and then you can countercharge with a dedicated unit (jump packs, perhaps?). If your squad does fail after a turn or 2 of CC, keeping your multiple small units (MSU) 6"+ apart means that you can't get massacred into, and he'll be open to a round of shooting or a charge from you (or both with your standard bolt pistols).

Empty cheap rhinos/speeders can work, too. If you get them close to the BT unit your are shooting at, and if they don't have a chaplain with the unit, you can effectively prevent them from RZ towards your lines, as if they move, they have to move towards the nearest visible enemy unit (in this case the rhino parked off to their left/rear). It can give you another round of shooting, or turn that charge from the BT into a rapid fire for you.

If the unit doesn't have a PF, then hit them with a dreadnaught. They'll stay in CC for the rest of the game (fearless), and they can't hurt you at all. Always interesting to gather up a 20-man squad that can do nothing to you.

Just my two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea the other thread was a mistake

thanks i think i give ur idea a whirl

+ Reply to Thread