devstators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: devstators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

devstators

wat is the best all around load out for heavy weapons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

All around I'd go for 4 missile launchers. The possibility to choose between krak & frag makes em a good choice for light infantry/hordes (frag) and heavy infantry vehicles (krak)

Also, it depends on what you play. If you're playing DA (w/ Combat squads rule) 2 missiles and 2 lascannons could do a thing or two.

But overal, 4 missile launchers can take care of most stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm.... i'd go 3 missile launchers and a plasma cannon. the plasma cannon deals within any any 2+ Armour save beasties e.g termis, monstrous creatures. and the 3 missiles take out your average infantry unit e.g tau fire warriors, gaunts, orks and also has the ability to take out anything from speeders to monoliths although that might take a few tries and lucky dice rolls. you could optionally take a multi melta in replace of one of the missile launchers depending on your opponent's army.
    Never broken, Never fallen, Courage out of fear.
    "Those who give up often do not realize just how close they are to success when they give up."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, i usually take two plasma cannons and two plasma cannons, if the points allow for it. This provides a good anti tank or troop approach. However, if points are short, i would agree that 4 missile launchers are the way to go, unless multiple 2+ saves are present, it depends on the opponent. I have seen 4 plasma cannons decimate a space marine army, but they fail vs tanks.
    Winter War Winner with:
    7 Wins
    1 Draw
    0 Losses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank u! in my list which is in the army list forum its 1000 points so i dont think i will have to worry too much about 2+ save units and i opted for the 4 missleltho i might replace one with a plasma just for the insurance!

+ Reply to Thread