need help on beating khorne with Black templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help on beating khorne with Black templars

its krone like i can beat most of the chaos amies then thiers khorne berzerkers and their ripping my uints appart the only thing thats can stand up to them is my land raider crusder any advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Well, for one, I'd try to use proper grammer, punctuation, etc. It's kind of the norm on this forum. But I can understand the question, so here goes some advice.

Well, without knowing anyones' list (hint, hint): we can't outfight Khorne in CC, that's for sure. They do have some disadvantages, which we can take advantage of much more easily than they can take advantage of ours. The old rhino or speeder trick leading them off to nowhereland is one that we have to always remember. We can control our RZ a bit more than they can control their crazy movement, so we'll have to remember that when we deploy.

Designing a list to defeat khorne, I probably would take a solid core of shooting squads (be it tanks, terminators, and/or las/plas), one or two large(ish) crusader squads or assault squads, and a could of fast skimmers (AC&H. Outside of mission objectives (again, hint, hint) I would set up 25% terrain and take the "shoot the closest thing" approach. I would try to destroy one unit at a time with my shooting core (just pummel away). I know this is a bit tauish, but it works wonders. Then, when the inevitable charge comes, they charge into your shooting squads. They should be able to survive for a turn (and if not, keep your other units 6"+ away for consolidation requirements). When the khornates get stuck in CC, charge that 15 or 20-man squad (led by a chaplain) into the scrum. That 45 attacks, all with reroll will due a number on anyone, even if they have FNP. Hopefully, at this point, you've taken out 1/2-2/3 of his army, and only lost 1/3-1/2 of yours. Rinse and repeat. Really, it's kind of a war of attrition, but without knowing anything else...

It's hard to give good advice without knowing a little bit more about you, how you play, and how your opponent plays. But this is where I would start.

Missions would really help you win against the hard to control Khornates. And a good list.

Just my two cents.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for the advice and i don't think about grammer etc to much when typing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

It's just sort of forum rules, and it helps you get better advice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

+ Reply to Thread