how do you beat a 500 point nec army with a 500 point ig 1?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you beat a 500 point nec army with a 500 point ig 1??

plz help me i realy need to know i have

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reduce his troops so he phases out. His troops are few and expensive. Good use of basilisk, plasmaguns and other ap 3 or 2 weapons should win you the game.
    What is your army list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a grenadier list with ordinance support. Look for my post in the army list forum (it will be deep in there by now) called 2 lemans in a 500 point army. Use the battle tank instead of the demolisher. The battle tank has all the str and AP to wound on a 2+, infilct instant death and deny armour save, and it can do it from 72" away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

At 500pts of IG, its is VERY feasable to fit in a bassilisk, or even a garden variety Leman Russ. Necrons at low points values Fear these units above all others.
    Think, at 500 pts, he has 1 lord with resorb and 2 troops choices. That's it, that's all. Period.
    nothing more, you're facing 21 necrons, meaning you need to get him to 5 and he dissapears like a bad dream.
    A bassilisk will kill and keep down approximately 3 to 4 a turn, the rest of your army should be set up to punish with heavy weapons the MOMENT he gets in LOS. This means plasmaguns, heavy bolters, autocannons.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

I have no soul

I'm just going to point out that the main rules are designed for 1500-2000 points. I think the Combat Patrol rules are MUCH better for games this size. No Lords, No Tanks.

That being said, under the normal FOC:
    The minimum possible points spent filling out your FOC is 140. That would give you a stripped HQ and two 5 man grenediers squads. Add 4 plasma rifles to the grenediers and you have 220 points. That leaves you room for 3 plasma guns for the HQ and two Bassilisks. Let's see if I can avoid tripping over my beard:

70 Command HQ: JO, 3x Plas
    180 - x Grenediers. 5 men with two plasma each
    200 - 2 bassies NO INDIRECT option.
    45 - Sentinel w/ multilaser
    495 total

WARNING: If you use this list, you must leave your soul in a jar before you leave the house. This list cannot be played by with an active soul! Bad things will happen...

The real problem is trying a list without grenediers:
    The min cost you can have is a stripped HQ + stripped platoon + stripped armored fist. That comes out to 40+160+145 = 345. That is without specials or heavies. Just 40 lasgunners and a chimera.
    Last edited by RecklessFable; July 18th, 2007 at 22:00.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option is going for quantity over quality. 60 infantry loaded up with flamers heavy bolters and plasma would make for a tough day on necrons.

Cmd. Platoon 102
    HSO w/PW and BP Iron Discipline
    Standard Bearer
    Plasma gun x 1

Infantry Platoon 250
    JO w/HI CCW Plasma Pistol Iron Discipline
    Plasma gun x 1

2 x Infantry squad
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma gun

Conscript Platoon 147
    30 Conscripts w/Flamer x 3

Total = 499
    5 x plasma gun/pistol
    2 x heavy bolter
    3 x flamer
    57 x lasgun

Just make sure that your LD bubble with the standard stays close to the conscripts.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest, and by far most craftiest is the use of the Grenadier doctrine to include 2 tanks. But as RecklessFable pointed out it's not exactly in the true spirit of the guard - no guard army would ever just have two tanks with 15 dudes.

You could try having normal HQ (40 pts), 1 x Infantry Platoon (160 pts), 5 man grenadier squad (50 pts?), 1 x leman Russ (160 pts) and a few extras. Still fielding a tank, but with a more balanced force.

Charitably Tables People MVBrandt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

I no longer play Necron, and don't play guard, but did have to add to the above commentary that if you field a 72" range AP3 tank against an army of 24" range slow walking dudes ... seriously man ...

There isn't any ridicule intended ... as mentioned by others just commenting that in a sportsmanship sense might want to watch fielding a russ + similar stuff in a 500 point game against a strictly FOC-limited opponent.

Certainly not rules-breaking intended ever in various postages I make.

Edited in re: Theyak.
    Nids & Guard
    GMail = MVBrandt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

MV. I'm pretty dern sure this is necro posting. .. without a point other than to ridicule someone's post.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh get the bare minimum of grenadiers nd equip with plasmas or meltas nd then a bassie or two. then just shoot him up. as quik as u can

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast