Daemonhost Army Tactics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonhost Army Tactics

I have long wanted to start a 40K army on a small scale, mainly because so many of my gaming partners have one. I have fluctuated wildly between potential projects, looking for something different yet powerful. One thing that kept popping up was the idea of a Relictors Space Marine army complete with a radical Daemonhunter. As I intend a Daemonhost to be the focal point of the force, I'd like to know if any on this site has any tactics concerning Daemonhosts, and how it is best to tool up an Inquisitor to complement these tactics.
    Thanks,
    Inquisitor Grey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Grey View Post
    I have long wanted to start a 40K army on a small scale, mainly because so many of my gaming partners have one. I have fluctuated wildly between potential projects, looking for something different yet powerful. One thing that kept popping up was the idea of a Relictors Space Marine army complete with a radical Daemonhunter. As I intend a Daemonhost to be the focal point of the force, I'd like to know if any on this site has any tactics concerning Daemonhosts, and how it is best to tool up an Inquisitor to complement these tactics.
    Thanks,
    Inquisitor Grey
    Well, there's no existing tactica articles on the use of Daemonhosts, mainly because they're so unpredictable, and most people favor Grey Knights over 'hosts. As you've no doubt noted, it's going to be difficult to rely on your 'hosts to use any given power on a turn. Obviously they're assault-oriented, so, you know, tossing them into the mix is going to be your best bet . It'll also be best to keep them clear of your troops as well, in case you roll some of his nastier powers like the Blood boil one. I'd say to take the max you can, which is 3 (remember a unit of 1-3 'hosts is a 0-1 elites choice), so hopefully at least one of them will get a useful power that turn.

As far as Inquisitors go, there should be a tactica around somewhere, but the conventional wisdom is to go for a shooty build, since they almost always have marines supporting them, and his statline is a bit wimpy for serious assaults. So, slapping a psycannon in his hands, with a retinue of two HB gun servitors and a PC servitor, with two sages is always a good call. In this role, an Elites-choice Inquisitor will perform just as well as a Lord, though since you're using the 'hosts, you're forced to use the Lord anyways =).

Since you won't have access to GK's, you might try to make him an assault character. A few acolytes in his retinue to absorb otherwise insta-kill-inflicting wounds is never a bad idea, along with a few warrior henchies (your call between Combat Servitors or vet guards with pistol/ccw), and a familiar for the Initiative boost. For his gear, I'd probably go with an Icon of the Just and keep his PA the way it is (the acolytes will provide damage-mitigation as well, remember). Weaponry, most likely dual lightning claws, since the re-rolls to wound will compensate for his lower strength.

Hopefully that's somewhat helpful. Good luck with your army!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Well, there's no existing tactica articles on the use of Daemonhosts, mainly because they're so unpredictable,
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

there is a tactica somewhere, where an member named 'megalomaniac' talks BREIFLY about them.

Daemons trapped inside a bound human, they cause the Inquisitor who owns them to be excommunicated from the Imperium and branded a Radical. Multi-wound, hard hitting, and very random, these guys are the powerhouse of a Radical force. Note: Using Daemonhosts means that you cannot have GK or GK vehicles in your army!

Uses: Too random to really depend on in a battle, but that also means that the enemy can’t anticipate what they’ll do – a big advantage. These guys tear things up in close combat – the problem is getting them there. They cannot join other units or take transports for protection, but they can Deepstrike like GK. I’d also suggest keeping them away from your own models, as some of their psyker powers also affect friendly models.
    to my knowledge the rest of the tactic is still on the forums somewhere. the reason i still have it is because i copy and pasted it onto my computer for future reference. but anyways, that is what megalomaniac and a few other elite members had to say about the subject of deamon hosts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I didn't say this before, but thanks for all your replies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I didn't say this before, but thankyou for your replies.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 18th, 2007, 19:27