It's an addiction, really... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

It's an addiction, really...

... strolling around the battlefield. Pie plate in hand. Determining the fate of yet another unit if MEQs. 33% chance to hit. 66% chance to scatter an average of 7 inches (edit: The correct average is 4.472"). Decent odds... Oh, look what is hiding behind cover in his deployment zone! Let's kill that!

Emperor help me, I'm just addicted to the godlike feeling a Basilisk gives me. I can't stop using them. I never intended to! I was always planning on 3 Leman Russes for my army. Now, no matter what list I want to bring, 2 Bassies seem to sneak in. All Infantry Guard? ah, heck, I can sqeeze in Bassies!

I'd cry for help, but the ectasy of the pie plate is too rewarding.

GAH!

Last edited by RecklessFable; March 19th, 2008 at 23:33.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is NO better feeling than getting a direct hit on a unit of stupidly close together Marines. See ya later fellas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree that the bassie is a great and adictive tank i use one in my infantry guard and it works wonders.
    The most dangerous men in the world are the ones who have nothing to lose.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

66% chance to scatter an average of 7 inches.

Dude - check the rulebook, page 31. 5th paragrah down, under "firing barrages" heading.

You only have to pick the highest of the 2 dice you roll if you cannot see the target. So the maximum possible scatter range is 6". (Note: the rules are different for deepstriking, perhaps this is where people get confused?)

Enjoy your newfound power!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    Dude - check the rulebook, page 31. 5th paragrah down, under "firing barrages" heading.

You only have to pick the highest of the 2 dice you roll if you cannot see the target. So the maximum possible scatter range is 6". (Note: the rules are different for deepstriking, perhaps this is where people get confused?)

Enjoy your newfound power!
    Yeah, brainfart, I was playing it wrong for my first few games until I read it correctly. In my head I still think 7"/

The correct average is 4.472"
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean man, for the basilisk it's not a matter of finding a target, it's a matter of choosing which one, as there are usually many. Do i go with the fully loaded transport, the group that is in base to base contact because of a deep strike beside the other basilisk, the unit that just killed something i liked, the other guy's basilisk, thats a good one to make your points back on.

On that note, there is a rule that I seem to remember finding once that i can't find again, is there any rule that barrage weapons hit "top" armour and therefore use the rear armour value regardless of what side is facing you? If so, what page is that on?
    what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

On that note, there is a rule that I seem to remember finding once that i can't find again, is there any rule that barrage weapons hit "top" armour and therefore use the rear armour value regardless of what side is facing you? If so, what page is that on?
    On page 65, under the heading of vehicle armour rules, 3rd dot point: It states that if the blast lands on target (hole in centre of marker directly over vehicle) the shot is worked out against the side that is facing the firer, regardless of where it actually hits the vehicle.

Sorry buddy.

If, however, the shot misses, but the blast marker still hits the vehicle, the shot counts as being from the direction of the hole in the centre of the blast - so it could hit the rear armour, for example, when the tank is facing your basilisk. This shot is at half strength, however.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thanks man. I don't know where i remember reading that from, but at least i know to stop looking. It's been bugging me for a while. You know what i mean, when you just can't find something that your sure is there.
    what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_IBM View Post
    For some reason I also had it in my head that it rolled against top armour. I think this is a 3rd edition rule, but I'm certain it existed in some form once upon a time!
    For me this was fairly academic though as I don't use Basalisks... Sorry, but I've never been able to get over the minimum range on a 6x4 table *awaits the inevitable storm that will occur from posting this on a Basalisk apreciation thread*!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

Xethemez, two bassies.

For long edge deployment, one in each corner.

For quarters deployment, back corner pocket.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast