LO Army vs Conquest System - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which game do you want to keep?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • My LO Army

23 67.65%
  • Conquest System

5 14.71%
  • Both

6 17.65%
  • Neither

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

LO Army vs Conquest System

Right, I think every has had more than sufficient time for playtesting one or both games. SO lets take a vote, on which game you would like to keep here on LO.

Ideally i think that the plan is to keep just one game, but the "both" option has been added just incase (although its Blackhat's call whether to take notice or just get rid of the one with the lowest votes).

Just to note, this poll will be open for 1 week, which is plenty of time for voting and should give everyone a chance to see it.

So please vote for which game you would like to keep here on LO as our community game

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conquest was cool at first. then i realized i was losing more guys by attacking then i could regenerate. even though i was making lots of gold, it didnt matter.

now i just generate gold when i have 10 turns saved up and spam troops. the size of my army is 5 times what it was a couple days ago and im maxed on lv 4 weapons/armor, but its pretty pointless since attacking isnt worth the damage you inflict on yourself.

army is simpler and better i think.

the one problem i have is the recruitment system. respective armies just spammed there boards and everyone just spams eachothers recruitment links.
    i think its pretty lame and if you try to play outside of the box and pick an army noone else is playing then youll never be anywhere close to the level of those aforementioned armies.

when all you do is pick the race with high defense and then just click eachothers links everyday, whats the point?

i dunno. i still check both multiple times a day, but i like army better.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Lol, just noticed my spelling error in the title. Oops... *fail*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I like LO Army for its simplicity. Now there are several upper level players getting in place, so there's good competition (btw thanks for the big wad of dough, Pho ).
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the conquest system 3 Warriors of Chaos players have over 1.5 million troops ...
    looks like most people spend all their turns building troops. i have a bit over 5 K troops and cant afford to get all of them in basic armor much less armed and armored in anything better than the first level gear.
    the system may need a little more work

in the LO army system it seems like you have to focus on either attack or defence. If you try to do both you wont have enough attack power to win combat and you wont have enough defence to keep what you have.

end results ...

both have faults but army is more balanced attack / defence.
    LO army wins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the conquest systen for the reason that you control your army alot more, maybe I enjoy it more because I focus more so on money then troops though, so who knows.

But I also very much like My LO Army, just for the comraderie that has occured with the WoC players, while in Conquest said comraderie is forced.

Overall I just like both, as a personal opinion thing.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I like LO army better and want that one to stay but I don't like the recruitment aspect, If you had that way of recruiting AND a way of buying men that would be way better, even if buying men is more expensive (maybe 50gold per man) it would improve the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by lewbot1 View Post
    I like LO army better and want that one to stay but I don't like the recruitment aspect, If you had that way of recruiting AND a way of buying men that would be way better, even if buying men is more expensive (maybe 50gold per man) it would improve the game.
    50g per a man would be to cheap anyway. I typically get 3000 gold a day, so... But the aspect of using gold to buy men is not bad, especially as it gives extra meaning to raiding. BUt I agree that the recruitment aspect tends to favour the popular members more. Especially that they have more posts (and that means recruitment links) lying around.

I find the aspect of conquest is good aswell, because LO is a bit too simple, and for me it is just, click, click, raid, buy, click, click, raid, buy... Adding some extra aspect like the following would be intresting:

Official alliances, choose who you want, or which one you want to be in, and you can not phisically attack members of your alliance.

Planets. Each planet has x gold and land, so when a player invades a planet, they capture x land depending on the amount of turns and resistance. Then for every hour each land produces 10 gold. Planets can be split between several empires, and everytime you capture a piece of land that was controlled by someone else, you capture x gold again...

Don't make it like Space Invasion (some members will understand me), where you have to dedicate all of your time to intercepting raids and all of that stuff...

Conquest, on the other hand, is to delicate. you can loose soldiers easy, and the game play does not appeal to me in the sence of its complicatedness...

That is my opinion.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

One thing to keep in mind is that both add-ons come with design limitations. There's only so much tinkering we can do. Buying soldiers would be great, but the admin panel for the game doesn't allow it.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

yeah, I was thinking that the administrator is unable to change the game so much...
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast