New Reputation System Updates - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Reputation System Updates

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Reputation System Updates

The previous reputation system has been reworked and updated.

Terms

Reputation Power - The amount of reputation points you give to an user every time you give them an "I approve" reputation.
    Reputation Points - The number of reputations points you have received.

Reason for the Change

The previous system had drastically inflated reputation power and thus reputation points numbers. For example there were many members who could give 500+ reputation points with each approval rep they gave. There were members with 10,000+ reputation points.

What has changed

Previously under your username next your posts the forum displayed your Reputation Power (which is why at first glance the system did not seem as inflated as it actually was). This has been changed to display your Reputation Points.

Reputation Power has been maxed out at 8.

All registered users start with 1 Reputation Power.
    For every 500 posts your reputation power will increase by 1.
    For every 100 reputation points received, your reputation power will increase by 1.

To be promoted to a veteran the following new requirements must be met:

Number of Posts: 750

OR

Reputation points: 250

Regards,
    Kyle

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

I was wondering why my reputation power went from 38 to 1336. I was going to have a good ol' time time bumping up everybody's scores.

Though now I lost all my little green bars. I feel so inadequate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

You're not the only one Klaj, I noticed my rep power had dropped down from thousands to four hundred and something, I was just about to nerd rage all over the place when I saw this thread.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Double Clutching Weasel Klajorne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

479 (x8)

Yeah, I'm sure it's all still relatively the same, but it does tend to take the wind out of your sails when you have this big ol' number built up and suddenly it's shrunk down to what feels like nothing. Not that it will matter in a little bit as we acclimate to this new system, but at the moment it's a bit of a shock.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Klajorne View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure it's all still relatively the same, but it does tend to take the wind out of your sails when you have this big ol' number built up and suddenly it's shrunk down to what feels like nothing. Not that it will matter in a little bit as we acclimate to this new system, but at the moment it's a bit of a shock.
    Thankfully everyone's reputation score scaled down together. So even though you may have gone from 1000+ to sub 100, everyone else has as well.

I have noticed that the green bars are not displaying as many as there should be. I need take a look and see if they can be tweaked.

Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Getting rep's gonna be a hard slog now. I was almost at 1k but now I'm 70 something with only one little bar. It's very disappointing.

May I suggest decreasing the amount of rep you need per bar, so it is scaled down just like the rep was?

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I miss the text that was linked to the rep....

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I miss the rep text as well. So how do the little green bars work now? The number is our reputation points? Where's the power and what are the green bars for - Borak has 15, I have like... 4, but our Reps have always been fairly close.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    I miss the rep text as well. So how do the little green bars work now? The number is our reputation points? Where's the power and what are the green bars for - Borak has 15, I have like... 4, but our Reps have always been fairly close.
    The answer lies in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by KyleT View Post
    I've updated the rep system to show:

5 worth 25 points each.
    5 worth 50 points each.
    5 worth 75 points each.

You then get a for each time you complete a full set of the above.
    OK, the images aren't working for me...

Kuffy
    Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; February 10th, 2012 at 19:16.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Looking into why they aren't working! They are showing up for you under the user's name right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast