You know... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

You know...

...its not that often that I'm astounded.

After two years of being a mod, and modding fairly religiously, at least once every two if not every single day, I'd like to think that Ive seen it all.

Spam attacks by rival boards. Conflict between members thats spilled out into very thinly, if not blatant, flame war on the boards (looking at Jodfrey and Xaero here). Morons yelling "abusive moderating!!1111oneoneoneeleven!" when theyve broken the rules. A former number-one enemy of the site coming back to be a mod, of all things.

Etc,etc, ad nauseum, you get the idea.

But today, I was almost left speechless by the sheer stupidity of one particular member, who we shall call Ghost22, because thats who it is.

I got a PM from him advertising a rival board to LO of his own creation. As is specifically mentioned in the rules, we take a *very* dim view of this.

What astounded me is that hes been a member (notice the past tense there, didja, didja?) for one year, exactly to the day. He knows the rules. Which is the first point of stupidity.

The second, sending the invite to a long-established and particularly disgruntled member of the Mod team.

The third, which is truly gobsmacking is that even though he ignored our rules on our board, he has *BLATANTLY* copied our rules for his own board, even including our policy on rival websites. Also, to be so bloody idiotic as to keep in an explicit LO reference in them.

Now the question I put to you is this: How can anyone be so moronic as to read our rules at least TWICE, using the same exact phrasing, and then goes and, figuratively, shoots himself in the foot?

Needless to say, he has been banned. Anyone caught advertising rivals will be banned in the same vein.
    Knape - I would just like to add, linking to a rival forum in a sig is fine. Sending mass PM's out telling people to join a forum is not

-Phobos - Ripping stupidity a new one.

"His" rules:

Spamming will NOT be tolerated. Do not Spam to raise your own post count and rank. You will first be warned by PM, if you continue you will then have your warning level raised. Persistent offences will lead to a temporary block on your posting rights, followed by a permanent ban if you continue. Simply put, if you've nothing constructive to add to the discussion, don't post in it.
    Please post the right topics in the right forums. I.E Painting type posts go in the Painting Forum. Any Rumours? Post them in the Rumour board, and so on.

40KWarhammer is meant to be a friendly and fun site, so we will not tolerate bullying and making fun or being offensive towards others.

Please also watch your language, keep swearing to a minimum as this is a community that consists of players of different ages. If you see a post that you consider offensive then use the "Report Post" option, DO NOT start a flame war over the post.

Links to other communities are allowed, however there are some restrictions;

Other sites and forums may be linked only in the signature and/or the website field in My Controls.

Signatures may also contain links to other communities, as long as these links are not derogatory to the LO community. E.G. “This forum is Crap - go join this one [Link] “
    Any decision made by the Admins or Mods is final.

If you feel you have been wrongly warned or had your account suspended for the wrong reasons then you should send a PM message to the Mods superior (Forum Mods --> Global Mods --> Admins) Your appeal will then be reviewed by the 40KWarhammer staff as a whole and you will be informed of the decision.

Please follow basic conversation rules;

No Netspeak, (y's, u's, 4's, stuff like that) However acronyms are perfectly acceptable (E.G: IMO, IMHO)
    Include at least basic grammar, capitalization and punctuation.

Example of what NOT to do: – The following was taken from an actual post by a user of the Librarium-Online forum…
    Number one no *****ing du bolters fire at 24 i was talking about rapid and 2 dum A$$ krak missles are S 8 and that is the instant kill rule thing and i was asking someone or any one if you still had to roll beacuse in the rules it sayis it is instantly killed and i am not shor if that means you still roll to wound and there killed even if you have 3 wounds or if you are killed if you fail Sv and no roll to wond is needed and if you dont like me grammatical usag then dont read my posts

Little brothers / best mates / pet dogs do NOT exist. If it’s posted from your account, then its your responsibility. End of story.

By creating a forum account on 40KWarhammer you agree to follow these rules. Any member that does not follow the rules will be issued with a warning. If that member continues not to follow our rules, it will ultimately lead to their account being suspended and/or deleted.
    Because, my friends, that obviously isnt plagiarism.

Last edited by Knape97; June 2nd, 2005 at 17:08.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

It's numptys like that, that give the rest of Humanity a bad name. How long would it have taken him to rephrase the rules what a whole 20 seconds

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's not acceptable i'd never think anyone would ever be so stupid and agrivating on a good site like this! what's going to happen to ghost22?
    Oooh it's got chicken legs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What astounded me is that hes been a member (notice the past tense there, didja, didja?) for one year, exactly to the day. He knows the rules. Which is the first point of stupidity.
    i think phobos said it already.. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry im just so appauled!
    Oooh it's got chicken legs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Truely sad. I just wouldn't expect something like this from somebody whos been here for a whole year. I guess anybody's prone to random bouts of extreme stupidity..but man thats a bad one. It's not even the advertising I have a problem with, since that can be tolerated to an extent (like asking a freind that you know pretty well if he might like visiting your board) but slinging advertisement at Phobos? That's like trying press Atilla the Hun into buying girlscout cookies. It's just not a good idea. Then there's that sad disply of plagiarism, it' just...sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Haha!

I think it's great!

Why is everybodies panties in a bunch?

1) LO just got rid of another obvious 'sphincter' hole!

2) The competition has been revealed to be run by an abject idiot!

3) The plagiarism may even be actionable (if you get a good sleazy lawyer)!

Where's the down side? :lol:

"Always look on the bright side of life"

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

:cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only been a memeber for about a month now, but what he's done sounds, well, (please excuse me) assanine. I came to this site to speak with others about anything and everything roleplaying and wargaming. I didn't go to any others and I found that the community is very friendly and allows one to express their opinions while respecting others in the same way. It's all good, as M.C. Hammer put it once, so I just don't pay attention to Ghost22. He has shown that he clearly doesn't have the attitude to contribute to a site such as this and we would all do well to make him fell very unwelcome, but in a "professional" way. He's trying to get a rise out of us and he gets off on getting others upset. It helps nothing with antisocial types such as this. Besides, if he wants to act like a baby, he's got a bottle right there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Wow that suprises me a lot. I thought of Ghost as a fairly smart member of the boards. It seems like an insanely stupid thing to do.

Ahhhh well nowth as queer as folk...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalcaveman
    Wow that suprises me a lot. I thought of Ghost as a fairly smart member of the boards. It seems like an insanely stupid thing to do.

Ahhhh well nowth as queer as folk...........
    I'm suprised, too, seen alot of nicely held RPGs from his side, which for a by-stander acctually were entertaining and fun to read. An interesting thing is that, this act of stupidity is the only thing he will be remembered for, not his great RPGs and other posts.

A reputation created in a whole year swept away in seconds. That is sad, but kudos to Phobos for letting us know things like this, it's important for everyone to understand what the consequences will be, if you break to rules so totally as mr.ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviszko
    Guardsman 173rd, those are incredible - you've impressed me and my friend who I linked it to. Nice work!!
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxjyl1j1r4s
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihxveyxdfp4
    http://artpad.art.com/?ihz6s11k5ao

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast