Opponent Search - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Opponent Search

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Opponent Search

Opponent Search - Find an opponent to play against in your area now offers now maps. Check it out now

Click my sig to check out a live example

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...1&d=1165764490
    Untitled-1.gif

Now it also supports html. Look at this example battlereport I posted from the 40k LO forum.
    Opponent Search - Find an opponent to play against in your area now

Attached Images
    Last edited by Blackhat; December 10th, 2006 at 17:18.
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

I'm also registered on Opponent search....

..But they've got some major button issues that never seem to get fixed.

Searching is not easy either. You can only search by country, that makes browsing through America difficult.

It would be a great resource if they fixed those problems....and more people used it.

Clubs should push their members into signing up. It could help alot.

:ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

I havent received much feedback, but thanks. I will make a better search. What issues do you have with which buttons ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

The "next" button on the search results page (little arrow thingy at the bottom) is often broken.

It seems to be an on-and-off thing. Somedays it works, others it doesn't (that's with a reload, waiting a couple hours, etc)

And their search engine is clunky as all get-out.

It's based off of country, but has no feilds for searching by city or state. This makes it a problem searching for people in an area. I feel sorry for the people who are looking for opponents in states starting with "m" they'll have to troll alot of pages to get anywhere.

The people most effected by that would be from (obviously) America and Canada, but I can see it effecting everyone if there are enough people in a country signed up.

Like I said, it has great potential, but it needs some heavy tweaking first. I can gaurantee that when people run into walls like the above, they'll loose interest immediately, and not come back (for a few months at the least).

It should also have an option to tell you when a person signed up, and how old they are. Some people are looking for opponents in their age group as much as region. And some people move away and forget that they signed up, leaving an account on, but no actual person behind it. Maybe some kind of, removal after so much time if no one logs in, or something.

But, patientce is more than a virtue. I'll bet, in a few years GW will attempt to impliment a similar system. The club network needs a re-vamp anyways.

:ninja:
    www.HIGHBATTALION.com - it's a link, you click it.
    "The world will be a better place when the world's resources are used for Giant Robots."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I can't retrieve my password from an earlier incarnation of opponent search. I know my username but not the password, and evidently the email I would've used (and there are only two possibilities) don't work.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

414 (x8)

Thanks. I will try improve OS in the next weeks

+ Reply to Thread