Locs.. The Mystery Revealed! (Piccis now up) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Locs.. The Mystery Revealed! (Piccis now up)

Yes, yes.. I know, you've all forgotten but fear not we haven't! Following this you will find a leter I have written for LO's benefit. It is not some great work by Wordsworth or as mind blowing as a Shakespearean script but it gets the message over.

I'd appreciate it if a mod/admin would pin this thread as I see it as being important. Anyway, without further adieu, the letter:

Dear LO,

I think it is time I shed light on my little project that is the LOCs project. The initials LOCs actually stands for: Librarium Online Charity Squad. This was the original idea, however, the concept has altered slightly over the period it has been running, so those initials don’t quite fit any more. I’ll explain from the beginning.

Back in October 2006 I had an idea and, with some help, I approached a number of LO’s best painters and put forth my idea. This was to paint a squad, each member does a single miniature, and to auction it off for charity. I asked ten to take part and all agreed, though at later dates a couple had to pull out due to other commitments. So we began to plan and quickly we changed our minds, and instead of it being one squad we agreed to do one HQ miniature from each race in Warhammer 40,000. Over the time we all worked hard on this and you shall soon see the fruits of our labour.

To this moment nobody outside the group knows the details of what we’ve been up too but I do think that some of you may have had a good guess when you saw who was involved. This includes the administrators and the moderators, none of these, unless involved, were informed of the group’s details to ensure that it was kept a secret. I must apologise for the lateness of this announcement but everyone involved has had real life issues to contend with and so we have been very understanding and working around these problems.

So, now you know what has been going on, I think it is time to tell you who has been involved. The following were the original members:
    • King Ulrik Flamebeard
    • Gareth
    • Cheredanine
    • Minus_t
    • Slorak
    • Artificer
    • Zentradi
    • Krakgrenade
    • RJSuperfreaky
    • Otaktay
    • SmokWawelski

As mentioned some have had to pull out for various reasons, so I must thanks Otaktay, SmokWawelski and Gareth for keeping quiet on this project and thank you for any help you guys have put into it.

So, over the next few weeks you’ll see the auctions start to appear as I get them up on ebay. Each miniature will be auctioned separately and will be up for a month before the auction closes. The charity which we all agreed upon was the Red Cross and all proceeds will go to them, so I hope you all dig deep into your funds and help us make a nice round number for the charity. It is a good cause of course!

I suppose it finally falls to me to just thank the administrators and moderators of Librarium-Online for allowing me to pursue such an aim and to use their name in my little project, thank you all for that. I would also like to extend my thanks to all those who have taken part, even if in the smallest of ways, for the time, effort and personal loss in this project. Thank you guys, for putting aside your own projects and agreeing to take part in this. Using your own time and forgoing other stuff in order to paint something you ultimately will not keep. Giving away a well painted miniature is never easy at the best of times, but at least we know it is for a good cause and the money will be put to good use.

So, please take advantage of the chance of owning a miniature painted by a number of LO’s top painters and dig deep! Let’s raise some money!!

(The auctions will be forthcoming once I have all the pictures and sorted other details out here and there. Hopefully they will be ready by the end of the month.)

Yours truly,

King Ulrik Flamebeard

KU

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; May 10th, 2007 at 01:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

pinned and first reply yay!

Edit after making sure of first reply: Sounds like a great project KU, my kudos to everyone involved

Ciao

Stonehambey
    Last edited by Sammy the Squib; May 10th, 2007 at 01:24.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Awesome guys, this sounds wonderful. A few dedicated LOers can change the world.

In fact, its the only thing that has.

Kudos guys.

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

And here I thought this was some secret painting band of the best of LO to sit and gloat amongst themselves... I commend you for your noble intentions. Great job to all involved, you're all making a difference!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Terrific idea, KU. I'm anxious to see the models. Maybe a fantasy unit next time?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

Thats fantastic work. Cant wait to see the models, and its great to see that this is going to a good cause. This is the stuff that makes LO special.
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Well done guys!

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    Terrific idea, KU. I'm anxious to see the models. Maybe a fantasy unit next time?
    It could be possible, but I don't think we'll have one planned for quite sometime. Not yet anyway. =)

Thanks to everyone who has commented, I hope you all dig deep and I'll try to get everything sorted as quickly as possible.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

wow! that's good for your karma... :yes:

nice one
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    695 (x8)

Would just like to state that athough Kuffy has expressed that i've pulled out, i haven't in a way...

I did sell my model and donate 100% of the profits to mencap.

I felt LoCs was taking way to long to get anything done so i went solo. I plan on doing another 1 or 2 over the next year or so and continue donating to mencap.

Good luck to the guys doing LoCs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. June 1st, 2007, 00:34