First GW purchase? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First GW purchase?

ok, so this is for every1,

what was the 1st set of GW models u aquired?

mine were the following, bk in year 7/8 i swapped a handful of military mircromachines for 8 mordian iron guard troopers :p loved them

my 1st purchase however was a marine combat squad and bike a few weeks later

i painted them in ultramarine colours and i think i still have them buried sumwhere

In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaabhekh View Post
    ok, so this is for every1,

what was the 1st set of GW models u aquired?

mine were the following, bk in year 7/8 i swapped a handful of military mircromachines for 8 mordian iron guard troopers :p loved them

my 1st purchase however was a marine combat squad and bike a few weeks later

i painted them in ultramarine colours and i think i still have them buried sumwhere
    tomorrow i will be heading to the shop 30 minutes away and getting a Chaos lord and a 8man squad of chaos marines. maybe 2 squads... depends on his prices. that will be my first purchase for my army.
    Last edited by Ratch; August 9th, 2007 at 02:17.
    "Murder is the Only Ar a Swordsman can practice" ~Kenshin's Sensai~

what im rolling with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice

new to the hobby? or jst new to starting chaos?

i see the ruinous powers have enticed u with their new flashy toys? :p
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Eldar codex was my 1st buy from an independant retailer. Then I bought an army off ebay.

My 1st actual purchase from Games Workshop was an eldar falcon, its been the core of my army ever since.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

My first purchase was Aun Shi the Tau Ethereal. Back when he first came out. Good times...
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

My first purchase from an Actual GW store was a Heavy Weapon squad box set in England, half way across the world from home. :yes:

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaabhekh View Post
    nice

new to the hobby? or jst new to starting chaos?

i see the ruinous powers have enticed u with their new flashy toys? :p
    New to the hobby...

I've collected Models for a few yearsonly painted my most recent one.
    BTW their Mobile Suit models. from the different Gundam series... and i have a model of Ingram from Patlabor Movie 2

so my army is going to be simple painting. and i have HeroScape so some of my terrain will be made from it lol. im Ghetto...

But anyways.. the painting part isnt me... never was good at it... so im gonna get some paint cover the whole model in the base. let dry over night.. and them paint trim and faces and thats it. the figure base will prolly be just as smiple if notjust one solid color. :/ i love the Tabletop just not the painting. im not skilled at painting and i know i dont have the urge to try to be good so im staying within my limits. they may not be pretty but atleast im painting them. i thought about not even painting them...which may hapoen till i get some paint. prolly put em together play with em and when i have the moneys get the paints and paint em. so at first i may have a unpainted army but it saves for those last minute changes ya know.

later
    "Murder is the Only Ar a Swordsman can practice" ~Kenshin's Sensai~

what im rolling with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Good question. I was in 8th grade, I think. Was the "Angels of Death" Codex (that was both Dark Angels and Blood Angels in it, I THINK) and the box of metal Blood Angels tactical Marines. Then I used the wrong type of glue, didn't paint them, and ended up selling them. :-P First two years of high school I worked in a hobby store, had store credit, and kept chasing a new army every month, never getting more than a few before starting a new project. Once I graduated high school I pretty much quit collecting.

Seven years later, after being pushed and prodded by my friend, I finally had re-collected an army and was actively gaming again. And what was it? That's right. Blood Angels. If I hadn't gotten rid of stuff over the years I'd probably have a lot more than just 1500 odd points
    "Wife! You are abusing that Leman Russ model!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratch View Post
    New to the hobby...

But anyways.. the painting part isnt me... never was good at it... so im gonna get some paint cover the whole model in the base. let dry over night.. and them paint trim and faces and thats it. the figure base will prolly be just as smiple if notjust one solid color. :/ i love the Tabletop just not the painting. im not skilled at painting and i know i dont have the urge to try to be good so im staying within my limits. they may not be pretty but atleast im painting them. i thought about not even painting them...which may hapoen till i get some paint. prolly put em together play with em and when i have the moneys get the paints and paint em. so at first i may have a unpainted army but it saves for those last minute changes ya know.

later
    i know the feeling, im no 'Eavy Metal member but i have gradually gotten my painting up to a decent standard that i am happ with never used inks or dry brushing etc, but now i try to incorperate them into my painting o i get better at it

i'll get sum pics up at sum point

but leave the detailed parts for later, i mean, u mite want to come back to them at a later date adn give them another go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaplainCaedfel View Post
    Wow. Good question. I was in 8th grade, I think. Was the "Angels of Death" Codex (that was both Dark Angels and Blood Angels in it, I THINK) and the box of metal Blood Angels tactical Marines. Then I used the wrong type of glue, didn't paint them, and ended up selling them. :-P First two years of high school I worked in a hobby store, had store credit, and kept chasing a new army every month, never getting more than a few before starting a new project. Once I graduated high school I pretty much quit collecting.

Seven years later, after being pushed and prodded by my friend, I finally had re-collected an army and was actively gaming again. And what was it? That's right. Blood Angels. If I hadn't gotten rid of stuff over the years I'd probably have a lot more than just 1500 odd points

nice lol, ive gone off collecting once in a while, but kept coming bck due to new models coming out etc, but yea, its a great hobby,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast