Best Deals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Deals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Deals

We all know how expensive GW stuff is and when we can get a deal on it, well it is pretty exciting. This is a place to talk about the great deals you've made, tears you've shed selling your russ for a measelly $20, or money you've made painting a masterpiece.

The best I've ever done is $50.00 for 24 firewarriors and a broadside. The models were all built and Primed. Approx. 50% off Which, is SWEEETTTT.

Hard to beat that, but I bet someone can :shifty:.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, ive always thought about selling the stuff i didnt want, but i cant bring myself to do it :p

mainly cos if i do, i will suddnely need it the next week lol, so i just stack it all up, let it gather dust and then if i do need it, its there

but my bro got a Tau Megaforce for $260 instead of $350+ so he was happy about that, i tend to buy everything full price lol
    In the name of the Emperor and for the Glory of the Imperium... Gimme Back My Girlfriend! :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a TK battlion and book online for about $90 with free shipping. Not bad.

I get a lot of pretty good deals, though. The store I shop at has frequent buyer points. Every dollar you spend, you get a point. Every point is 10 cents off any purchase, but you cant redeem them until you have at least 100 points (10 dollars off) Warhammer makes this unbelievably easy. I got a $45 box of Tomb Guard for $25.

This month, it's double points, so I bought a Liche Priest and box of skeletons, got 113 points. That's like spending $52, then they hand you $11.30 back. Double points is so nice, I was looking for a Wood Elves book, just because they've been interesting me lately. They didn't have one, but I almost grabbed a Spellsinger for the points (and they're awesome models.)

It doesn't quite justify the cost of Warhammer, but it sure cushions the blow.
    Last edited by SilentRamble42; August 15th, 2007 at 03:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changing thread slightly

without checking other threads :shifty:, I'm going to extend this one to talk about the worst what the crap kind of situations. I have had many of these trying to build my Tyranid army.

The first was, I bought the tyranid battle force, basically a 500pt army so, I could play with my friend quickly. Yah, didn't with the tyranid warrior's legs or torso's (missing the sprues) so, I lost interest for almost a year.

I have also had a Ravener arm situation. At nearly 20 bucks a pop you'd expect to get all the "right" parts well, the blister packs I bought didn't have any right arms , but it gave me plenty of arms, so, I did some hack converting and there I go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I have gotten 50 guardsmen and a sentinal with a butt load of bits for 40 bucks.... I also bought 1000pts worth of guardsmen for 25% precent off. The trick is ebay or the war store... I only pay full price for little purchases here and there, to make it look like i actually do buy stuff from the store i play at
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about some of the bad deal reminded me of some great one I found.

A couple years ago, I had a Dark Elves fling. I never built an army or anything, but i had collected a lot with intent on playing. I ended up with some Executioners w/ command, Dark Riders w/ command, Reaper Bolt Thrower, Malus Darkblade, Malekith, War Hydra, a box of warriors, and a Cold One Chariot. Clearly I had no idea what I was doing (my friends and I just collected models and put them against each other in unbalanced battles)

Anyway, I went to actionvillage.com, which sadly no longer sells Warhammer. They're blisters were cheaper, but nothing special. Their boxes, however, were amazingly cheap. I got Malekith, which is normally $50, for a mear $20 plus shipping. Amazing.

The other great/crappy deal came from the same site. I bought a War Hydra ($45) for, once again, about $20. Of course, I get the box, and it's missing a neck. I email the company, and they say to take it up with GW. GW says they to take it up with Action Village. I get sick of this, go to the GW website to order the bit, and they're out of stock, so I give up.

Some other similar things were eBay deals. I found Tomb Queen Khalida for $8 after shipping, normally $12. Of course, with my eBay luck, they never send her, and eBay does nothing when I report them.

My last little thing was a good/bad deal, but the bad's completely my fault. I found a box of Tomb Guard for $25 after shipping, But It Now option, and over a week left. Every night I mean to order it, but having no credit card, I'd have to ask my dad for his. Every night I forgot until after he went to bed. Next thing I know, the sale ended. It wasn't sold, and I don't know how that deal got passed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got 10 bikes and 2 old obliteraters some characters and some deamos for around £15 thats $30 aprox.
    "Mr. Cypher please come out from underneath the table, the Dark Angels are not out to get you."

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Our local store did a "grab and rummage" type of sale on the week-end of the 30th birthday of White Dwarf. Grab bags were £5, £10 or £15 and if you took a £15 one you were allowed to rummage through the Store's bits box for a further £5.

My Grab Bag contained three metal Eldar Warwalkers, and the rummage netted a complete plastic WarWalker, two Orc Warbosses on Boar (brand new release!), 8 Space Marine Sprues (untouched), a complete Ravenwing upgrade sprue and a complete Space Wolf Upgrade sprue.

I make that out to be the best part of £100. I was reasonably chuffed.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Ira
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I generally support the store i play at and tend to buy full price because, hell, if that place goes under where they hell am i going to play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

I've two extremely good deals:
    1st. I bought a Forge world Hell Blade and Hell Talon off of a GW staff member for 80 for both, the hell talon retails for $190 and the hell blade for $80.

2nd. Gw was getting rid of all of their OOP stuff and the staff member told us to go through the boxes and blisters they had and make a pile and he give us an offer, by the end of the day I walked out of the store with over $1000 worth of stuff for a measly $90.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast