Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This thread is for you to share the pain of illogical and unfluffy rules that sometimes create hillarious situations inside the game. Please do not argue about anything as this is nothing but a fun thread to joke with the funny rules put inside the game to ensure balance. Most of them are needed, however, how many times you imagined the situation and found it stupid+++?
I'll start with my favourite...
-A monsterous creature can be tied by a bunch of ants (read conscripts) for the entire duration of the battle. And they cant even SCRATCH it!
-Even a S 10 tank cannot destroy even the smallest terrain pieces. Look, I am hiding behind a tent! You cant kill me with that tank!
-My Harlequin Holo-Suit can protect me with it's invulnerable save from a direct hit by a bassilisk!
-A last man standing model from a squad that started routing slaps your IC attached to that squad in the but till he drives him out of the table. Wierd thing is that when that last member is killed the LC suddenly comes to his senses...
-My uber-mega-resilient Model with Toughness 8 is in assault with enemy infantry. No,no,no,no I can't shoot the enemy infantry cuz I risk hitting my poor baby. Too bad he is so damn well armored that he won't even feel it...
- "Brother Tyler, the Gaunts are bunching up to funnel through that opening, quickly, throw your grenades!" "But... but... you know what sarge says about throwing grenades if they aren't hiding behind something...."
- Monstrous Creatures in general are absurd. Wraithlord buried in a salvoe of holy AP1 exorcist launcher fury loses 3 wounds in a single round as great chunks of wraithbone cronstruct are torn from the beast and whole joints are shattered. He turns and fires his single shot brightlance across the field of battle with pinpoint accuracy. Dreadnought's paint gets scratched by death spinners and he can't remember where the trigger is for his spray and pray flamer and assault cannon? That's some balanced points for ya.
Here are mine!
1) Deep Striking off the table... I guess for some reason those guys that only went 2 inches off the table aka battlefield can't walk back into the battle?! Let us put them into reserve or something and walk in through your deployment zone. What are they thinking?! Oh look guys we went off the table... sweet! Tea Time!
2) Deep Striking into an enemy unit and dying? Ok... really. If my 20 man Raptor Unit drops in on a 6 man Tau FW unit... I can see the Tau looking up and taking pop shots at the Raptors (really I see them crapping in the pants at the sight but...) and then the Raptors landing on them and around them for some gruesome melee. But no... Somehow the Raptors ALL DIE. Ok even if the dropping Raptors come in so hard and fast that they need a turn before they can move... sorry but if a 400 pound armored ape drops in on mister 200 pound skinny ape... you get skinny ape pie.
I can see teleportation both working and not working when it tries to teleport into a squad. You would think that they had a way to keep you from teleporting into something that would kill you and aborting it. If it were that dangerous how does any army justify its use with such supposed rare and expensive units?! Personally I think if you teleport into a squad, you abort and try again next turn (roll for reserve etc).
3) How does a Rail Gun which scores a 'Hit' but rolls a 'Wound' of 1 against the poor Guardsmen you just 'Hit' not still kill him? What? Did you forget to switch from Lethal to Tingle for that shot? Its not like the guardsmen armor has the remote possibility of deflecting the shot... the AP alone negates that chance.
Nevermind that the mere passing of the rail slug in the near vicinity of the guardsmen would explode all their eardrums and jelly their workybits on the inside.
This should be something that is agreed upon by the players before the match (as in one of the battle missions?), not something that just shows up depending on the rolling for mission type/level.
In more then 2 player free-for alls, or games with more then two teams, not being able to fire into a combat even though none of your models [Or teammate's models] are in.
"Seargant! The Tyranids have engaged the Chaos Forces over the ridge! Tightly packed, they will be vulnerable to the Basilisk cannon! Request premission to open fire!"
"Sir? We could eliminate both foes in one shot!"
"Yes, but that would be... impolite. We ait until one side wins and comes after us to fire."
Also, target priority.
"Squad, incoming Genestealers! All Bolters, Open fire!"
"But Brother Aiden, there are Rippers much closer heading our way! RIPPERS!"
"There are only 3 of them, broth- BY THE EMPORER LOOK HOW CLOSE THEY ARE! SHOOT THEM!"
Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch[ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
-=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-
Anyway, staying on topic...
I really hate all the Eldar vehicle defences. When taken together, it is nigh impossible to take one down. How often does anyone roll TWO 6's on the glancing table? That's what I thought... Though I guess since the Eldar themselves are so fragile, maybe they should get something thats tough.
"It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes
Sarge the Chaos are in sight
Yes i Know
we can charge them while there not looking
No we will not charge i have to cautious walking through terrain my bionic hip is acting up
why are you in the army then
I like the food
You shouldn't have to take a difficult terrain test to assault why not just let them charge and make it dangerous
I can be 2 things at once.
Gods gift to the world, and his biggest mistake
True, but death spiNNers are an S6 AP - weapon that comes from the same army as the wraithlord! I was crying about the relative cost of vehicles vs MCs more than the cost of what it takes to kill a dread
The inability to kill terrain is my biggest gripe. A lascannon will rip through terminator armour and even land raider armour but a canvas tent or rubber leaf will deflect it easily enough. I know it might obscure them and I admit that but I want to blow up terrain! or have a difference between hard cover and soft cover like fantasy.
As for railguns rolling to wound and the like...well it doesn't make sense for railguns but the krak missile just means you've blow off an arm or something. You have to incapacitate them and taking off someones arm at an elbow will upset them but they can still fire a lasgun.
The other big one is range, a point blank lascannon shot will hit about as much as it will 48". Tis annoying. At one point my falcon could not physically miss the enemy tank as to do so would mean it was shooting outside its firing arc. Of course it missed though...
Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!
If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.