Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm posting about a W40K game I had last Saturday, where my dice rolls were seriously insane and literally won the game for me. My opponent was a chaos player using the new codex.
Normally this would be in the battle reports section but since I don't remember much details and since the focus was on dice rolls, I've posted it here.
Rough army list (1500 point loot counter game, not all goodies listed):
2 x Tactical squads, Vet sarge with power fist & teleport homer, 1 rocket launcher each
2 x 7-Termie squads with 1 flamer each and furious charge
1 x 10-men Assault Squad, Vet sarge with power fist
1 3-wound Chaplain with jump pack, joins Assault Squad
1 Venerable Dreadnought with assault cannon and missile launcher
As you can see, it's not exactly a tournament winning set-up, more of the friendly game kind of army lists. However, insane things went on throughout the game, which I'll list below:
1. His Chaos lord had some demon weapon and seriously high initiative. My assault squad charged his squad, but he could not attack because his weapon rebelled! I then proceeded to kill his lord with my assault marines lol. My chaplain didn't even get to touch his lord ;o
2. Same assault squad was tied up in CC, then another chaos squad joined in, making it roughly 16+ models against my remaining 9 or so, don't remember much. My assault squad tied them down for 3-4 turns and actually beat them all down, with my Chaplain suffering no wounds and my assault squad left with about 2-3 models left. 21 chaos killed by an 11 men squad, just insane!
3. Some chaos marines took on my Dreadnought from long range, immobilized in one turn. However, he could only shake it for several rounds, and my Dread actually made those same marines fall off the table when he recovered.
4. My Terminator squads had a field day too,. The one I deployed near one of my tactical squad took down an entire bike squad (which didn't even scratch my Dreadnought that he was after). The other Terminator destroyed his Havoc(?) squad. Both Termie squads also took 2/3 loot counters.
5. His remaining squad tried to take on my last tactical squad on a charge, but he lost more men than me, even though I only had like 1 marine and 1 sergeant left after his charge.
All in all, I took out nearly all his army, with just 2 models left on his side. 2400+ points against his 400+ points, but we both know it was seriously bad dice rolls. I mean, melta shots missing, cc hits not wounding etc. Just one of those games where luck played the big role, but seeing as it was my first ever win, it was just very memorable 8Y
Share some of your encounters where the dice won the day for you, would love to see how other players fared when they had lady luck on their side :happy:
I saw a game the other day where a guy rolled 28 1's and 2's for all misses on a charge with his berserkers. Not a happy moment for him, but nice for the other guy.
I was playing a Vassal game and usually the dice are pretty tempermental but they actually worked in my favour this time and allowed me to slaughter two or three squads of Chaos Marines with a Dakka Flyrant. My Carnis fared equally well, though my opponent was able to pull back from the brink with better tactics. I kinda overextended myself...
Oh yeah, I had a game with my Thousand Sons against the new Blood Angels way back when they first came out. It was an Assault Marine/Land Speeder themed army and...well...let's just say that by Turn 3 the battlefield was cratered with smoking, twisted metal and burned out Jump Packs.
Me and my buddy took out a hive tyrant with doom and a bunch of guardsmen
Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.