Whats the best thing about gamesday? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Whats the best thing about gamesday?

Going to gameday tomorrow but haven't been since the late 80's and need some advice. How quickly does the queue form? do you have to queue much for things inside? do you have to sign up for the make and build sessions or can you just turn up? Does anyone bother to take their own models to play with? Whats the best thing to see?

Love some advice.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x2)

Well, I can only judge from the Games day in Germany I've been to. And it's my first GD I ever went too... and probably the last.

I found that lines form up pretty fast even when you've got a ticket which allows you access in earlier. At most "rooms" in the building they had someone at the door who did allow a certain amount of people in because it would be to crowded there.

GD germany didn't have a build session there, so I don't know about that.

Some people brought along own models, but it's hardly worth the effort. The GD where I went to, all GW stores from around the country had to build their own table and bring models to play some kind of scenario. At some tables you had to wait till the game was finished (which could take quite a while) but others weren't as crowded.

The best thing to see on GD... I had most fun in viewing through the new Chaos dex and the Apocalypse rulebook. The mini's are nice too, but by the time they're at display at GD, they're on the GW site as previews either way. The different tables the stores built where nice to see as well, and there was a huge megadisplay. A table which roughly went 15 feet across, but wasn't playable though.

Be sure take take a look at the Golden deamon display cases. So much stuff that's turned in for a prize and GW just puts up a fraction of those on their site.

+ Reply to Thread