Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
All Comers Favorite house rules thread 8Y
Share your favorite 40k and Fantasy House rules and explain how to use them in a game.
- Exploding Jump packs on 6's to wound using a blast marker with S4 Damage.
- Dead bodies as cover, instead of removing dead units, use them as a cover save based on the size of the model.
- Flying Units that crash, Fantasy or 40k, When a flying unit is killed mid flight use 2D6 scatter and do variable damage where it lands (based on unit size) and use blast markers if it is a large model.
The Engine has many powerful enemies. Some of them are war criminals. But he also has powerful friends. Some of them are coyotes.
Once per game, each player can have one die count as a 7 when they roll it. I call it the "really wants it" rule.
We play WYSIWYG rules when it comes to terrain. Some examples on how this work:
1. Say you have a terrain piece that has a ruined wall shaped like an L, and just rubble on the other side. Your opponents can't assault you through the wall, they'd have to go around to the back to do that.
2. If you had a guy, maybe a missile launcher model, stand on a higher ground, he'd have no cover save since he's literally standing up in full sight. This would give him better LoS but at a significant risk to good AP weapons like lascannons.
Hmm, house rules are sort of taboo at our store, i'm in the process of creating fluffy ones for my army on long campaigns. Seriously, I'd like to see some really ingenious cool ones that would make me say "hey i wanna try that"
But the jump pack and flying thing sounds cool.